Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas – the perfect low calorie margarita recipe! Fresh blood orange juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice create a sweet and tart margarita.
Heeeey guys, happy Wednesday!
I feel like I haven’t shared a cocktail in forever.
But, you know, I buy a bag of blood oranges every time I’m at the store just in case it’s the last time I see them. And I have 3 children which means that I’m at the store at least every other day.
I swear half my fridge is blood oranges right now.
Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas!
One of my deep dark secrets is that I never use simple syrup when I make a cocktail.
All my recipes that talk about simple syrup? I handed those to somebody else and made another with splenda.
Look, I know it’s not good for me but I’d rather use those calories on literally anything else.
But I made the switch over to liquid stevia recently and it’s kind of changed my life. I put it in my coffee every morning but the real reason I love it is that it’s perfect in cocktails because there’s no dissolving anything.
So I used it in these Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas which are just like my regular Blood Orange Margaritas but we’re not fussing around with a simple syrup this time.
How To Make Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas
- Squeeze fresh blood orange juice and fresh lime juice
- Mix freshly squeezed juice with tequila and orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- Add liquid stevia to desired sweetness
- Prepare the glasses by running a lime slice around the rims and dipping into a plate filled with coarse salt
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the margaritas over top
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Make them before the blood oranges disappear.
Difference Between Blood Oranges and Regular Oranges
The major obvious difference between blood oranges and regular oranges is the color. The blood orange is more of a darker red color because of something called anthocyanin. It has antioxidant effects similar to Vitamin C.
There is also a light taste difference. Regular oranges are usually pretty sweet and blood oranges tend to have a little more tartness.
Help! I Can’t Find Blood Oranges
If it’s not blood orange season or you’re just having trouble locating blood oranges, you can definitely substitute a different orange variety. It will be a bit sweeter than this version and not the bright color but it will still be delicious!
More Blood Orange Cocktails
More Skinny Cocktail Recipes
- Skinny Kiwi Margaritas
- Skinny Coconut Mojitos
- Skinny Grapefruit Margaritas
- Skinny Tequila Sunrise Margaritas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 - 2 drops liquid stevia
- lime slices, for garnish
- coarse salt, for rims (optional)
- Mix tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and orange juice together. Add liquid stevia to desired sweetness. In you want salted rims, run the lime slices around the rims of 2 glasses and dip into coarse salt. Fill glasses with ice and pour drink over. Top with lime slices if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g