Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole – easy weeknight meal! Ground beef or turkey in a delicious sloppy joe sauce topped with cheese and tater tots! Kids love this one!
Originally posted March 2014. Photos updated April 2016.
I know. It’s way too early in the morning to be talking about things like tater tot casseroles.
I was sick all weekend – all weekend! – and didn’t have time to get a bunch of yummy things baked and photographed. I made this banana bread crumb cake and it’s delicious and amazing but I couldn’t stop coughing long enough to take pictures. Being sick is the worst.
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Sloppy joe sauce
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cheddar cheese
- Tater tots
- Cook beef. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Brown ground beef, breaking it up, until no pink remains. Drain, return to pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sloppy joe mixture. Add sloppy joe sauce and cream of mushroom sauce to the ground beef. Stir until everything is combined.
- Assemble casserole. Pour mixture into a 9×13-inch pan. Top with sharp cheddar cheese. Arrange tater tots on top.
- Bake casserole. Bake at 350F for about 25 – 30 minutes or until tater tots are cooked and golden brown. Serve hot!
🍴 More Sloppy Joe Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 15.5 ounce can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounce bag tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Brown ground beef, breaking it up, until no pink remains. Drain, return to pan, and season with salt and pepper. Add sloppy joe sauce and cream of mushroom sauce. Stir until everything is combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch pan. Top with sharp cheddar cheese. Arrange tater tots on top.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until tater tots are cooked and golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1352mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g