Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins – moist and fluffy banana muffins with nuts. These are just as good as the ones as your favorite coffee shop!
I made these Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins while the kids were at school and most of them were gone by the time they went to bed. They were a hit with everyone in the house!
They are really yummy and really easy! The sour cream keeps them moist and the nuts give them a nice crunch.
I highly recommend making them if you ever have a bunch of super ripe bananas hanging out on your counter!
I also have a Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl recipe that is always popular when I make it!
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ very ripe bananas – about 3 – 4 banana, depending on the size
- 2 tbsp sour cream – you can substiture plain or vanilla Greek yogurt if you prefer that
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts – pecans, walnuts, whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 350F; line 18 muffin cups with muffin liners
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
❄ Can You Freeze Banana Muffins
Yes, you can definitely freeze banana muffins! They are fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you think you will eat them within a month, they should be fine in a freezer ziploc bag, just make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible.
If you need them to be frozen the full 3 months, I would wrap them first in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then place them in a freezer ziploc bag. Just to protect them from freezer burn.
When you are ready to serve the muffins, just let them defrost on the counter overnight.
👩🏼🍳 More Muffin Recipes
- Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
- Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Zucchini Cinnamon Chip Muffins
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
- Bake 20 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.