Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins – moist and fluffy banana muffins with nuts. These are just as good as the ones as your favorite coffee shop!
I made these Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins while the kids were at school and most of them were gone by the time they went to bed. They were a hit with everyone in the house!
They are really yummy and really easy! The sour cream keeps them moist and the nuts give them a nice crunch.
I highly recommend making them if you ever have a bunch of super ripe bananas hanging out on your counter!
I also have a Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl recipe that is always popular when I make it!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Sour cream – you can substitute plain or vanilla Greek yogurt if you prefer that
- Chopped nuts – pecans, walnuts, whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 350F; line 18 muffin cups with muffin liners
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Can You Freeze Banana Muffins
Yes, you can definitely freeze banana muffins! They are fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you think you will eat them within a month, they should be fine in a freezer ziploc bag, just make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible.
If you need them to be frozen the full 3 months, I would wrap them first in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then place them in a freezer ziploc bag. Just to protect them from freezer burn.
When you are ready to serve the muffins, just let them defrost on the counter overnight.
More Muffin Recipes
- Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
- Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Zucchini Cinnamon Chip Muffins
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
- Bake 20 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
nicole @ i am a honey bee says
I can’t get enough of banana recipes.
Totally pinning this!
These muffins look so moist and delicious!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
Yum! Sour cream definitely adds a lot of texture and depth of flavor here :)