Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding is the most decadent breakfast (or dessert)! Sliced croissants in sweet custard with chocolate chips sprinkled in!
It’s been gross and rainy here in Texas and I’m so over it. I had fully switched over to my spring wardrobe and now I’m back in jackets. Not okay.
But that does mean I have an excuse to eat comfort food and what’s better than buttery croissants baked in a sweet custard with chocolate chips?!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding
- Croissants – the big bakery kind, cut into thin slices
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy Cream
- Milk chocolate chips
How To Make Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding
- Arrange croissant slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Drizzle croissant slices with melted butter
- Back at 350F for 10 minutes
- While croissants are baking, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl
- Transfer half the toasted croissant slices in a 2-quart baking dish
- Sprinkle with ⅔ of the chocolate chips
- Top with remaining toasted croissant slices
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants, pressing the croissants down gently to make sure everything is covered
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake until golden brown, another 15 minutes or so
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving
Can You Make Croissant Bread Pudding Ahead
You can make this Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding the night before. Make sure it’s cool and then cover it tightly and pop it in the fridge overnight.
When you’re ready to bake it, just follow the baking instructions but it may need a few extra minutes. Check to make sure the custard is set by gently shaking the dish. If it’s still liquid, it needs more time.
More Chocolate Recipes
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Shortbread Cake
- Nutella Brownies
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 croissants, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Arrange the croissant slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for about 10 minutes, until they are toasted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Once the croissants are toasted, place half in a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle about ⅔ of the chocolate chips over them and then top with remaining croissant slices. Pour the egg mixture over everything, pressing down gently to make sure everything is covered.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake until golden brown, 15 - 20 minutes more.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 756Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 502mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 14g