Watermelon Mojitos – fresh mint, watermelon, and limes muddled together and topped with rum and sparking water. One of my favorite summer drinks!
This past weekend was my birthday weekend and I kicked it off by making Watermelon Mojitos at home!
A few weeks after we moved into our new house, a ton of mint started popping up in the corner of our backyard. That means mojitos all summer! Or my Watermelon Mint Margaritas!
This mojito recipe is so easy! I love a drink recipe that doesn’t call for squeezing juice from anything or blending anything and this requires none of that. Just smash everything together in the glass and top it with rum!
It’s also delicious! I’ve had the best luck with watermelons this year – they’ve all been so sweet and just perfect for drink recipes.
What’s In a Watermelon Mojito
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup seedless watermelon cubes
- ½ lime
- 2 tsp Simple Syrup (Sometimes I’ll use Liquid Splenda when I’m trying to save calories)
- 4 ounces white rum (not the spiced kind or the coconut kind – just regular white rum)
- Sparkling water
- extra mint and watermelon slices, for serving
How To Make Watermelon Mojitos
- Use a muddler to smash mint leaves, watermelon cubes, lime wedges, and simple syrup together in 2 glasses
- Add ice to both glasses
- Add white rum to both glasses
- Top each glass with sparkling water
- Garnish with fresh mint and watermelon wedges if desired
Can You Make Mojitos Ahead?
No, I don’t recommend making these ahead. They really are best when every thing is freshly muddled and the sparkling water is still super bubbly.
If you’re going to be short on time, you can prep for the drinks by slicing the watermelon and limes and pulling the mint off the stems.
More Watermelon Cocktails
More Mojito Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- about 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- ½ lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 4 ounces white rum
- sparkling water
- extra mint and watermelon slices for serving
1. Divide fresh mint, cubed watermelon, lime wedges, and simple syrup between 2 glasses
2. Use a muddler (or the end of a wooden spoon) to smush everything together, making sure to squeeze the juice out of the lime and really smash the watermelon
3. Add ice to each glasses
4. Add 2 ounces of white rum to each glass
5. Top with sparkling water
6. Garnish with more mint and sliced watermelon, if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g