Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts – fresh brussels sprouts tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce and roasted until crispy and delicious.
I am happy to report that my children ate brussels sprouts (and liked them!) for the first time ever.
Roasted brussels sprouts are just the best. They get a little crispy on the outside but stay tender on the inside. And for these Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts, they’re tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce before being roasted so they are super flavorful.
These roasted brussels sprouts are easy enough for a weeknight but impressive enough for a dinner party or holiday meal!
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts – trim off the ends and remove leaves with spots; cut in half
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
How To Make Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Trim and halve brussels sprouts
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper
- Place sprouts on baking sheet cut side down
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake another 10 – 15 minutes
- Serve hot
Can You Make It Ahead
Yes! I love including brussels sprouts in my meal prep. They still taste great when reheated and you can throw them on salads, in eggs, or just enjoy them for a quick healthy snack!
If you prefer freshly roasted brussels sprouts, you can always prep by trimming and halving the brussels sprouts – keep them in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to make the sauce and roast them.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Green Beans Almondine
- Roasted Broccolini
- Balela Salad (Middle Eastern Bean Salad)
- Broccoli Salad
- Carrot Apple Salad
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Honey Roasted Carrots
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together olive oil and honey in a large mixing bowl. If honey is too firm, pop the bowl in the microwave for 15 - 20 seconds.
- Whisk crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper into the honey mixture.
- Add brussels sprouts to bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer cut side down to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip, bake another 10 - 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply