I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I’m sure I’ve talked about my love of hashbrowns a million times but today I’m going to talk about it some more. I love fried potatoes in pretty much every form but I’m pretty sure I could happily survive on hashbrowns alone for the rest of my life.
About a month ago I posted a recipe using the diced hashbrowns and it became a family favorite almost instantly.
This past weekend I headed to Walmart for an Ore Ida Hash Browns demo. I hung out with the sweet demo lady for about an hour and got to hear all about the Ore Ida Hash Browns and the Cheesy Potato Casserole that she was making. It’s delicious and super simple!
from Ore Ide
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
After tasting the Cheesy Potato Casserole at the demo, I wanted to make something with the Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns and I came up with this Hashbrown Taco Casserole.
i know, sounds weird but hear me out. Whenever my BFF from back home and I would make late night runs to our favorite taco drive-thru, I always got a potato taco. I just love them!
So there’s everything that I’d put in a potato taco but without the taco shell! I used the Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns, ground turkey, beans, olives, cheese. It turned out really good and if you had some taco shells in your pantry, you could definitely make a extra delicious meal by stuffing this into them!
Ore Ida has an awesome Disney’s Frozen Sweepstakes going on right now which you can check out on their site.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Once hot, add onion and ground turkey. Cook, breaking apart meat, until turkey is completely cooked through. Drain if necessary and return to pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together taco seasoning and water. Add to the turkey mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and allow it to cook down until the meat is coated in the taco seasoning.
- Stir in kidney beans, black olives, salsa, and Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over top. Spoon the remaining mixture into the dish and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the dish is bubbly and the hash browns are completely cooked.
- Serve hot with sour cream, cilantro, and extra salsa on the side.