Okay, guys. Two things.
1. Red Velvet Oreos! They’re out. Go find them! I gave each of my children 2 and then I ate the rest. To be fair, it’s a much smaller package than the regular Oreos.
2. I’m so bored with The Bachelor. Is it Chris? Is it the girls? I don’t know. I’m not even recording it anymore. I just catch bits and pieces as I go about my business annoying my husband and pinning food that I want to eat.
Unrelated: I made pasta for dinner last night! Bacon Tortellini Bake to be exact.
It’s been a really long time since all 3 of my kids licked their plates clean. No one complained about the broccoli. No one complained that they don’t like pasta “made with water”. No one said that they don’t like bacon today but maybe they will tomorrow.
I thought it was really tasty too and I went into thinking it was be too alfredo-y for me because if there’s one thing I hate in this world, it’s alfredo sauce. Ugggghhhh.
I would like to tell you that I skipped dinner last night to accommodate all the Oreos but the reality is that I grabbed a tortellini each time I walked past the casserole dish. And umm… I walked past it a lot.
This was a super simple, 30 minute meal that I will be making over and over again.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Reduce heat to medium low and add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove heat and stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add the tortellini, broccoli, and bacon to the sauce and stir to combine. Pour into a large casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.