White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce – rich and creamy mousse topped with an easy raspberry sauce. How perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Can I whine for a minute?
Tonight’s the ball.
And I’m not going. Wahhhh.
We always miss the balls but usually it’s because my husband’s scheduled for something months before. But this time I got my hopes up. I bought a dress back in, like, June. We bought tickets, we found a babysitter, and we ordered my husband a new blue jacket thing about a month ago. And I was psyched because the blue jacket thing said 3 to 5 day shipping which left us plenty of time to get it tailored and get all his patches put on or whatever.
So 11 days after I ordered it and it still hadn’t shipped, I got on the live chat. And the girl told me that they have to special order uniforms from a uniform shop. And I said, “But this is the uniform shop, no?”
Long story short, the Army even manages to screw up online shopping.
I’m really only sad because I love my dress and what if it’s totally out of style by the time the next post-deployment ball rolls around?
Can I just show up alone, take a few pictures in my dress, and then leave?
Is that acceptable? No?
So tonight I’ll be drowning my sorrows in something chocolatey and delicious while I watch Scandal. There may be a pizza involved, too. I might even go for a canned Strawberrita. I’m classy like that.
Anyway, have you ever made mousse? I was under the impression that it was a labor intensive, 3 day process but it’s literally melting chocolate and folding in whipped cream.
I made this White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce in less than 15 minutes. And it’s so rich and creamy that it really feels like something that should take hours to make. I think I’m obsessed with mousse now.
If you need a quick, easy, but still awesome Valentine’s Day dessert, this is it!
More White Chocolate Recipes
- Raspberry White Chocolate S’mores
- White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- White Chocolate Crockpot Candy
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the raspberry sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
For the white chocolate mousse:
- 4 ounce white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- shaved white chocolate, for topping
To make the sauce:
- Combine raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, smashing the raspberries with a wooden spoon until they release all their juices. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, using the wooden spoon to push the sauce into a bowl. Refrigerate until cold.
To make the mousse:
- Microwave the white chocolate and 1/4 cup heavy cream for 30 seconds. Stir. If the white chocolate is not melted and smooth, heat for another 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Let cool while you continue.
- Beat the remaining 1 3/4 cups heavy cream with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form. Whisk about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture and then gently fold in the rest until combined.
- Serve with raspberry sauce, fresh raspberries, and shaved white chocolate on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g