Okay guys, I’m counting on you.
I’m headed to Salt Lake City tomorrow and I need restaurant, doughnut shop, coffee shop, whatever recommendations. I’ll be staying downtown and will be Uber-ing everywhere so help a girl out.
More on that tomorrow, though.
I made these cookies a few weeks ago because I was out of butter and don’t you always crave cookies when you’re out of butter?
And, of course, it was the weekend so I wasn’t about to take all 3 kids to the grocery store just for butter.
Coconut oil makes excellent cookies though! Seriously, my new favorite recipe. The coconut oil gives just the tiniest hint of coconut to the cookies. And they’re perfect if you’re dairy-free – just make sure the chocolate chips or chunks you use are also dairy free!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Bake 11 - 13 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Cool a few minutes on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Want more cookie recipes?