Peanut Butter Dog Doughnuts – easy baked doughnuts with all dog-friendly ingredients like peanut butter, honey, bananas, and Greek yogurt!
Happy Monday, guys! Let’s make this week a good one.
I celebrated a special anniversary this weekend.
One of my besties has lived with me for a year now:
Can you believe it’s been a year since I stalked the rescue group for a week before deciding to go pick her up?!
In the last year she’s… broken her leg, roadtripped through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, torn up a lot of cardboard boxes, grown 3 times the size the vet thought she’d be, and walked around the neighborhood approximately a million times.
Ingredients for Dog Donuts
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt
- Dog treats, for topping
- Bet peanut butter, vegetable oil, banana, honey, and egg together
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until just combined
- Transfer to a ziploc bag and cut off a corner of the bag; pipe the batter into a doughnut pan sprayed with baking spray
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes at 350F
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting
- To make frosting, stir together Greek yogurt and honey
- Spread the frosting on cooled doughnuts and sprinkled chopped dog treats on top
Can You Freeze Dog Donuts?
Yes, you can freeze these doughnuts but I would freeze them without the frosting on top. Wrap each donut individually in aluminum foil and then put the doughnuts a freezer ziploc bag.
They’ll be good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To defrost, just leave them at room temperature overnight. And then you can frost and serve them.
More Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the doughnuts:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- smashed dog treat, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a doughnut pan with baking spray.
- Beat peanut butter, vegetable oil, banana, honey, and egg until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a ziploc bag, snip off a corner, and pipe the mixture into the doughnut pan. They should be about ¾ full.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into doughnuts comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make the frosting, stir together the Greek yogurt and honey. Spread the frosting onto cooled doughnuts and sprinkle the smashed dog treats on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g