Many apologies for being absent lately. I’m sure I mentioned that my husband has been in and out of the field all month and every time he comes home, we all get sick. And by “we all” I mean the baby and I. Because that’s just the kind of luck we have.
I figured I’d update you on the exciting things that have happened since my last post. Most of it is about the dogs. You’re welcome.
- Clementine got her hair cut on Tuesday and Penelope did not recognize her. She wouldn’t let the imposter-Clem near their food for days. (If you’re new here, this is Clementine and this is Penelope.)
- I bought my first ever jar of Nutella on Wednesday and it was gone by Friday night. Funny thing is, I’ve never bought it before because I “don’t like” chocolate and was convinced that I would hate Nutella.
- Nicole made a S’Mores Frappe to commemorate the one year anniversary of S’Mores Week. I was supposed to make a S’Mores Shake but I was sick and then, umm… I ate all the Nutella that I bought for it.
- The other day, on the way to the dog park, Clementine jumped out the window of the car. Now, I’m a responsible
pet ownermom and I only open the windows halfway because I knew she would try that one day but she is craftier than I thought and now she’s not allowed to hang her face out the window. Thank goodness I’m also a strict speed limit follower and was only going 30 MPH. And double thank goodness that it was the weekend so the streets on post were dead. Because you know she just stood in the middle of the street after she did it.
That’s basically it.
My life is so exciting.
In unrelated news, I am in full-on fall mode. I’m checking the mountains every day for snow. I’m checking out Halloween costumes. I am ready. I definitely plan on holding off on pumpkin until the Annual Food Bloggers Must Post Pumpkin Recipes Day (October 1) but I figured it’s never too early for apples!
This is a fun crumble that’s cooked in the slow cooker in less than 3 hours. Apples and caramel and oats… all the good stuff. The crumble topping doesn’t get crunchy as it would in the oven but for a super simple dessert, you can’t really complain.
from Lovin' From The Oven
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, apples, salt, and cinnamon. Spread onto bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix your crumble topping ingredients until it comes together. Sprinkle it over top of the apples. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for one hour to let the caramel thicken.