Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble is a delicious fall dessert recipe! Cinnamon apples topped with a crumbly oat mixture – and it’s made in the crockpot so it is super simple!
Many apologies for being absent lately. I’m sure I mentioned that my husband has been in and out of the field all month and every time he comes home, we all get sick. And by “we all” I mean the baby and I. Because that’s just the kind of luck we have.
I figured I’d update you on the exciting things that have happened since my last post. Most of it is about the dogs. You’re welcome.
- Clementine got her hair cut on Tuesday and Penelope did not recognize her. She wouldn’t let the imposter-Clem near their food for days. (If you’re new here, this is Clementine and this is Penelope.)
- I bought my first ever jar of Nutella on Wednesday and it was gone by Friday night. Funny thing is, I’ve never bought it before because I “don’t like” chocolate and was convinced that I would hate Nutella.
- Nicole made a S’Mores Frappe to commemorate the one year anniversary of S’Mores Week. I was supposed to make a S’Mores Shake but I was sick and then, umm… I ate all the Nutella that I bought for it.
- The other day, on the way to the dog park, Clementine jumped out the window of the car. Now, I’m a responsible
pet ownermom and I only open the windows halfway because I knew she would try that one day but she is craftier than I thought and now she’s not allowed to hang her face out the window. Thank goodness I’m also a strict speed limit follower and was only going 30 MPH. And double thank goodness that it was the weekend so the streets on post were dead. Because you know she just stood in the middle of the street after she did it.
That’s basically it.
My life is so exciting.
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble!
In unrelated news, I am in full-on fall mode. I’m checking the mountains every day for snow. I’m checking out Halloween costumes.
I am ready.
I definitely plan on holding off on pumpkin until the Annual Food Bloggers Must Post Pumpkin Recipes Day (October 1) but I figured it’s never too early for apples!
This Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble is one of my favorite fall recipes!
I love a crockpot dessert and this one couldn’t be any simpler. I’m willing to bet that you already have ever single ingredient in your kitchen so now you just have to put it all together in your slow cooker and let it work it’s magic.
I love making this one for the parties we host during football season because it’s hands off and it’s always such a hit!
The sugars turn into the caramel when they’re cooked down! And since it’s both brown sugar and granulated sugar, it’s a super rich, super delicious caramel that coats the apples perfectly.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large apples peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, apples, salt, and cinnamon. Spread onto bottom of slow cooker.
Mix your crumble topping ingredients until it comes together. Sprinkle it over top of the apples. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for one hour to let the caramel thicken.
Things you may need for this recipe:
Want more apple recipes?