Crockpot Candy is a must make for the holiday season! It’s like chocolate covered peanuts but better! Only 4 ingredients and made completely in the slow cooker. It makes a ton so it is perfect for cookie tins or holiday parties!
This is my ultimate, most favorite recipe ever.
If I had to pick a signature recipe, this would be it.
And it’s not even mine.
My best friend Megan and her mom gave me this recipe years and years ago.
They make it every Christmas and every Christmas I would beg her to bring me some. I honestly had no idea it was so easy until she showed up at my house with all the ingredients on year and threw it all in the slow cooker.
Now I make at least 2 batches every holiday season to fill Christmas cookie tins and send as teacher gifts. It is so delicious, practically addictive, everyone loves it, and everyone you gift it to will be asking for the recipe!
- 🍫 Ingredients For Crockpot Candy
- 🍴 How To Make Crockpot Candy
- ❔ What Size Crockpot Do I Need for Crockpot Candy?
- 🎁 How To Store Crockpot Candy?
- ❓ What Is Almond Bark?
- ❔ What is a German Chocolate Bar?
- 🆘 Help! My Crockpot Candy Isn’t Setting Up!
- ❄ Can You Freeze Crockpot Candy?
- 👩🍳 More Crockpot Dessert Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
🍫 Ingredients For Crockpot Candy
🍴 How To Make Crockpot Candy
- Add white almond bark, German chocolate bar, semisweet chocolate chips, and peanuts to slow cooker
- Let cook on low for 1 hour without messing with it
- After an hour, stir to combine everything
- Allow to cook for another hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Drop spoonfuls of the candy onto wax paper and allow to cool completely
❔ What Size Crockpot Do I Need for Crockpot Candy?
I use my 6 quart Crockpot Multicooker for this recipe. It is the perfect size for this recipe and I love it because not only can it slow cook, it also works as a pressure cooker.
🎁 How To Store Crockpot Candy?
Make sure to store Crockpot Candy in an airtight container. I always store mine on the counter but if you notice yours melting, put them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
❓ What Is Almond Bark?
Okay, so it’s technically it’s not even called almond bark! It’s a candy coating (either vanilla or chocolate) but the packages usually have “Make Your Own ALMOND BARK!” on the front so everyone just calls it almond bark.
There are no almonds or nuts of any kind. It is a chocolaty candy coating that melts really easily and produces a glossy, beautiful candy. It also sets up really quickly so you don’t have candy sitting on your counter for hours and hours.
It is available in all the grocery stores near me (plus Walmart and Super Target) year round in the baking aisle right near the chocolate chips. During the holiday season, most stores will have huge baking displays where you can find almond bark as well. Or you can always order almond bark online.
If, for some reason, you can’t find it, the candy melts you find in the craft store work similarly.
❔ What is a German Chocolate Bar?
You know that rich delicious German chocolate cake taste that you know and love? It gets it’s signature taste from German chocolate! It’s a dark baking chocolate that is slightly sweeter than semisweet chocolate.
And fun fact! It didn’t get it’s name from Germany! It was developed by a man named Sam German in the 1850’s and that’s how it came to be known as German chocolate.
It is made by Baker’s and will be right next to all the other Baker’s baking chocolate in the baking aisle of pretty much any grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can use semisweet and won’t be able to tell much of a different at all. Or you can always order a German chocolate bar online.
🆘 Help! My Crockpot Candy Isn’t Setting Up!
I have never had this problem but I have had readers say their Crockpot Candy takes forever to set up.
The amount of almond bark used in the recipe should make it set up pretty quickly, especially if your house isn’t super hot, but if you are having problems, transfer them to your refrigerator for a few minutes and they should set up very fast.
❄ Can You Freeze Crockpot Candy?
Yes! If you are looking to get a jump start on your holiday baking, you can freeze it in an airtight ziptop bag, making sure to remove as much of the air as possible.
Just let it thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter before serving.
👩🍳 More Crockpot Dessert Recipes
- Crockpot Crunchy Drop Cookies
- Slow Cooker Almond Joy Chocolate Clusters
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pound white almond bark
- 4 ounces German chocolate bar
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces dry roasted peanuts
- Add white almond bark, German chocolate bar, semisweet chocolate chips, and peanuts to slow cooker. Let cook on low for 1 hour without messing with it. After an hour, stir to combine everything. Allow to cook for another hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls of the candy onto wax paper and allow to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g