Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread – easy breakfast recipe that starts with refrigerated cinnamon rolls! The perfect fall breakfast!
Happy Friday eve!
I think we may have made our final lake trip of the year last weekend.
It was cold.
I think I lasted 30 minutes before I wrapped myself in all 4 of our towels and then they eventually followed me out.
Not really sure what I’m going to do with my weekends now.
On the brightside, maybe it will finally be cool enough for long hikes with the husky. We went for one last week and by about mile 4, she led me to the lake and then just stood in water up to her chest for a good 15 minutes.
Also, haven’t been able to have the top off the Jeep since May so I’m definitely looking forward to that, too.
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread!
This is the easiest monkey bread you’ll ever make.
I have always made monkey bread from scratch so it’s kind of an all day event. You’re not making homemade monkey bread and having it for breakfast. It’s just not happening. Maybe lunch. If you’re the kind of person that gets up and is immediately ready to cook.
I am not. I need 3 cups of coffee and to catch up on my inbox before I even consider cooking anything.
But for this monkey bread, all you have to do is cut up a couple cans of refrigerated biscuits and roll them in cinnamon sugar and then layer them in a bundt pan with diced apple that’s also been rolled in cinnamon sugar. Bake until golden and delicious and then drizzle the icing from the cinnamon rolls on top.
It’s the perfect easy breakfast for a lazy fall weekend! (And also great for an older kiddo to make while you drink your 3 cups of coffee and catch up on your inbox.)
More Monkey Bread Recipes
- Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
- Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread with Maple Glaze
- Rolo Monkey Bread
- S’mores Monkey Bread
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a bundt pan with oil.
- Cut each container of cinnamon rolls into 5 pieces and cut each of those pieces into quarters.
- Put diced apple in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cinnamon and sugar. Pour half on top of the apple and toss to combine. Place half of the apples in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Toss the remaining sugar with the cut cinnamon rolls. Put half of the cinnamon rolls in the bundt and top with the rest of the apples. Finish with the rest of the cinnamon rolls. Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around the sides to loosen any stuck bits. Flip onto a serving platter and drizzle with icing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g