I partnered up with ALDI for this amazingly delicious Bacon Cranberry Baked Brie recipe.
Bacon Cranberry Baked Brie – the perfect holiday appetizer! Brie topped with bacon, dried cranberries, apricot preserves, fresh rosemary and then baked until melty and delicious.
Do you do appetizers at your holiday meals?
You know I’m a big fan of an appetizer and look for any excuse to have one. I’ve been known to be too full for a holiday dinner because I hovered over the cheese board all afternoon.
I feel like a baked brie is the most perfect holiday appetizer. It’s easy, takes just a few minutes in the oven, and who doesn’t love melty cheese with deliciousness on top?
I also have a Maple Pecan Baked Brie recipe that is incredible and the star of every party I’ve made it for.
Have you ever been to ALDI? Ours opened within the past year and everyone raves about it but this was the first time I’d ventured in.
The idea behind ALDI is that it’s an easy-to-shop grocery store that’s 90% ALDI exclusive brands and you know what that means! You save money! ALDI taste tests the products several times a year to make sure they are just as good, if not better, than national brands. You can find fresh meat, produce, dairy, frozen foods, candy, non-food items. Seriously, everything you need.
As I mentioned, it was my first time visiting ALDI and I feel like I was there for hours because I wanted to see everything they had to offer. I was amazed by the prices – I stocked up on granola bars, cereal, and frozen snacks that my boys love!
ALDI vs National Brands
Anyway, while making this recipe, I compared some of the items I used to their national brand equivalents. The bacon I got from ALDI, Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, saved me $1.50 compared to the national brand, cooked up perfectly, and tastes amazing! The Berryhill Apricot Preserves saved me $.38 and came in a much larger jar and has giant chunks of apricot in it which was perfect for this recipe. I use apricot preserves in a lot of recipes and this is definitely going to be my new go-to.
The Southern Grove Dried Cranberries from ALDI were every bit as delicious as the national brand and they plumped up perfectly on top of my brie.
And now, for the crackers I served with the Happy Farms Preferred Brie Cheese Round! The Savoritz Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Woven Wheat Baked Crackers are perfection. And the Clancy’s Pretzel Slims are nearly identical to the national brand.
(Prices and selection may vary by store.)
How To Make Bacon Cranberry Baked Brie
This may be my most favorite baked brie ever. I wanted something sweet and salty and bacon makes everything better, right? Plus, the creamy melted cheese with the crispy bacon and the chewy dried cranberries was everything I look for in a baked brie. I could’ve stood over this, smearing it on top of crackers, until it was gone.
- Place brie (do not remove rind!) on a baking sheet and spread apricot preserves on top
- Stir together more apricot preserves, crispy bacon, dried cranberries, and fresh rosemary; spoon on top of brie
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Serve immediately by slicing open on serving platter
What To Serve with Baked Brie
Any sort of cracker, sliced fruit, pretzels, cookies, the sky is the limit!
I tend to like sweeter dippers for brie and graham crackers are my absolute favorite. Something about the sweetness of the crackers and the earthy brie is just so perfect.
You can also make it the center of a cheese board filled with other cheeses, cured meats, nuts, and fresh fruit. It’s very versatile and perfect for entertaining.
Can You Make Baked Brie Ahead?
No, don’t try making this ahead of time! The brie needs to be served right out of the oven to get that ooey gooey flowing cheese.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Quick Queso con Chorizo
- Avocado Feta Salsa
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Caesar Deviled Eggs
- Avocado Feta Salsa
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 round Happy Farms Preferred Brie Cheese Round
- ¼ cup Berryhill Apricot Preserves, divided
- 4 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Assorted crackers, I used the Savoritz Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Woven Wheat Baked Crackers and Clancy’s Pretzel Slims from ALDI and fruit, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place brie on the baking sheet. Spread ½ of the apricot preserves on top of the brie.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining apricot preserves, bacon, dried cranberries, and fresh rosemary. Spoon this mixture on top of the brie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; carefully transfer to serving platter while still hot.
- Serve with crackers and fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 176mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ALDI.