Cranberry Turkey Salad -turkey, red onion, pecans, and dried cranberries in a creamy dressing and served on croissants. A great way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Another delicious way to use your leftover turkey is Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie.
If you happen to have leftover turkey, let me suggest you make this amazing Cranberry Turkey Salad.
It’s like a classic chicken salad that you put on sandwiches except made with turkey! Plus it’s made with dried cranberries, pecans, and fresh dill – three of my alltime favorite things to put in chicken salad.
I like to serve this salad on croissants but you could use sandwich bread, crackers, or make lettuce wraps with it!
- Cooked turkey – this is great for leftover Thanksgiving turkey but if you don’t have turkey, you can always use cooked chicken instead
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Fresh dill
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Mix ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Chill. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve. Serve on croissants with leafy greens if desired.
How Long Is It Good For?
This homemade turkey salad is good for about 4 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
You can serve it straight from the refrigerator or let it sit out for 10 minutes or so to take the chill off.
Can You Freeze It?
I don’t recommend trying to freeze this turkey salad. I’m afraid it would defrost with a weird consistency.
You can always freeze your diced turkey (for up to 3 months – use a freezer ziploc bag) and then make your salad when you are ready to serve it.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Farro Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Pecans
- Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Green Bean Casserole Phyllo Bites
- Apple-Sage Brined Turkey
- Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 croissants, for serving (if desired)
- leafy greens, for serving (if desired)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stirring with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on croissants with leafy greens if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1307mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g