Bacon Tortellini Bake – delicious 30 minute meal! Cheese tortellini, bacon, and broccoli in a creamy cheese sauce! A favorite of kids and adults!
I made pasta for dinner last night!
Bacon Tortellini Bake to be exact.
It’s been a really long time since all 3 of my kids licked their plates clean.
No one complained about the broccoli. No one complained that they don’t like pasta “made with water”. No one said that they don’t like bacon today but maybe they will tomorrow.
I thought it was really tasty too and I went into thinking it was be too alfredo-y for me because if there’s one thing I hate in this world, it’s alfredo sauce.
I would like to tell you that I skipped dinner last night to accommodate all the Red Velvet Oreos I’ve been eating but the reality is that I grabbed a tortellini each time I walked past the casserole dish. And umm… I walked past it a lot.
This was a super simple, 30 minute meal that I will be making over and over again.
- 20 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini – you can use the frozen kind but they will kneed to boil longer than the recipe instructions say
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets – you can use frozen
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How To Make Bacon Tortellini Bake
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package instructions
- In a separate skillet, cook bacon until crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat
- Whisk in flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Whisk in milk
- Bring to a boil and cook 3 – 5 minutes
- Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan
- Add tortellini, broccoli, and bacon and stir to combine
- Transfer to a large casserole dis
- Top with more mozzarella and Parmesan
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until bubbly
How Long Is It Good For?
This tortellini bake will be good for up to 3 – 4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
I recommend reheating it in the microwave or oven.
Can You Freeze Bacon Tortellini Bake?
Yes! You can stop before the baking step and freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. I would defrost overnight in the refrigerator and then transfer it to the dish you plan on baking it in.
It may need more than 15 minutes to get all hot and bubbly so just check on it.
More Tortellini Recipes
- Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini
- Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake
- Tortellini Minestrone
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 package, 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Reduce heat to medium low and add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove heat and stir in ½ cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan.
- Add the tortellini, broccoli, and bacon to the sauce and stir to combine. Pour into a large casserole dish and top with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1148mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g