Layers of no bake cheesecake, banana pudding, and sliced bananas in a graham cracker crust. Banana Cream Cheesecake is cool, creamy, and delicious – the perfect sweet treat for hot summer days!
If there’s one thing the guys in my house love, it’s a banana dessert. Any time I ask for their thoughts on what I should make, the answer is always Banana Pudding.
And now they love this Banana Cream Cheesecake just as much. I’ve made it twice this month because I didn’t get a chance to take pictures of the first one before they got to it!
It’s mostly no bake (only the crust needs to be baked!) so it’s really easy and takes no time to put together.
- Unsalted butter
- Graham crackers crumbs – you can make your own from graham crackers or buy a box of graham cracker crumbs.
- Cream cheese – make sure to soften it to room temperature before starting the recipe.
- Cool Whip – let it defrost in the fridge overnight.
- instant banana cream pie pudding mix
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil.
- Make crust. Combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and ¼ cup sugar. Remove ½ cup of the graham cracker mixture and set aside
- Transfer. Transfer remaining graham cracker mixture into springform pan, pressing it up the sides of the pan a bit
- Bake. Bake 7 minutes; cool completely before filling
- Add bananas. Once the crust is cool, place half of the sliced bananas in the crust
- Make filling. Make the filling by beating together cream cheese and ½ cup sugar. Fold 2 cups of Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture; spread over the banana layer
- More bananas. Arrange remaining sliced bananas over the cream cheese mixture
- Make pudding. Whisk together milk and instant pudding mix and let set for 2 minutes. Fold remaining Cool Whip into the pudding and spread over the banana layer.
- Top.Sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumb mixture
- Chill. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving
What Pan To Use For Cheesecake
For this cheesecake recipe, I used a 9-inch springform pan. The sides of a springform pan come off which makes slicing and serving very easy.
If you are hesitant to buy yet another pan to take up space in your cabinets (I hear you, trust me), you can also use it to make Spaghetti Pie, Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, and Lemon Bar Cheesecake!
How Long Is Banana Cheesecake Good For
Banana Cream Cheesecake is good in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 days. I store it in the pan, with the sides on, and wrapped tightly with aluminum foil.
Make sure it’s covered tightly so it stays fresh as long as possible.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake
You can freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months. If you want to freeze the entire cake, I would wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then tightly in aluminum foil before freezing.
If you want to freeze slices, I would freeze them individually on a baking sheet until frozen and then wrap them in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil.
Either way you freeze it, just let it defrost in the fridge overnight before serving.
More Banana Recipes
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- PB&J Banana Bread
- Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl
- Banana Nut Bread
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the crust and topping:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 graham crackers)
- ¼ cup sugar
For the filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 4 ripe but not brown bananas, sliced
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant banana cream pie pudding mix
- To make the crust, preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar until well combined. Remove ½ cup of the mixture and set aside. Press remaining mixture into the prepared springform pan, making sure the bottom is covered and it should start going up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 7 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Once the crust is cool, arrange half of the sliced bananas in the crust. Set aside.
- To make the filling, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip. Spread mixture over the banana layer.
- Arrange rest of bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and instant pudding mix. Let set for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Spread over the banana layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crust crumbs on top
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g