Blackberry and Apple Crumble is the most delicious summer dessert! Juicy blackberries and apples with a crunchy topping of oats, coconut, and almonds!
It’s not berry season but I got some in my Bountiful Baskets basket a few weeks back and I can’t stand the little seedy things so the only thing to do was bake with them.
And since apples are so delicious right now I figured this Blackberry Apple Crumble was the perfect thing to make.
Blackberry and Apple Crumble!
It’s a super simple little dessert and so yummy.
Like I mentioned, I don’t like blackberries but I found this to be irresistible. The apples are cooked until soft and then they’re mixed with blackberries before being topped with oats, coconut, sliced almonds, and some cinnamon and ginger. I love, love, love the coconut and almonds in the topping – it’s what makes it different from your everyday crumble.
If you are a normal person who doesn’t buy blackberries in November, you could easily substitute frozen ones or just leave them out completely.
More Berry Desserts
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 apples
- ½ cup sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 t easpoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 325F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, cook apples, sugar, and lemon juice, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in blackberries and cornstarch.
- Spread the fruit mixture in a baking dish that is 12 to 14 inches in diameter.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, oats, coconut, almonds, cinnamon and ginger. Drizzle with the melted butter and toss with a fork to combine. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake until golden and crisp, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 9gSugar: 48gProtein: 6g