Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies – the perfect sweet and salty cookie! Bacon is quickly candied in the oven and then added to the best chocolate chip cookies recipe!
This post originally published on September 30, 2011 and was updated October 23, 2017. It’s one of my oldest and favorite recipes.
The first time I ever made these Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies – over 6 years ago – was the first time I realized what a food blogger weirdo I was.
Food bloggers love bacon.
Okay, yeah, everyone loves bacon but food bloggers love to put bacon in places where bacon usually doesn’t belong.
Cookies, ice cream, rice krispies treats, pretty much everything.
I mean, I have a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a glazed doughnut pretty much every Saturday morning of my life.
And you can think that’s weird but I have made everyone in my life try them and no one’s complained yet.
Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!
So the first time I made these was back when we were in Colorado and we hosted all our friends every Saturday to watch football.
We had people in and out all day and every time someone new showed up, they would say “Oooh cookies!” and I would warn them that they had bacon and then they would say, with disgust on their face, “Bacon?! In cookies?! You try them first” and they would push whoever they came with towards the cookies.
But guess how many cookies I had left at the end of the day.
All 5 dozen cookies were gone.
One of the guys Facebook messaged me years later asking for the recipe.
So yes, I am a food blogger weirdo that puts bacon in everything she eats but hey, just trust me.
More Cookie Recipes
- White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Oreo Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the candied bacon:
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet, or dark! chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add diced candied bacon and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 88mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g