A must make party appetizer! Cheesy Sausage Dip is creamy, cheesy, a little spicy, and oh-so-delicious. Only 4 ingredients!
Who else has been planning their Super Bowl menu for the last month? I am SO EXCITED for this weekend. And I don’t care about either team this year.
This dip is at the top of my Super Bowl snack list. It’s a cheesy salsa dip made with sausage – it’s creamy, a little spicy, and so delicious!
Plus it’s so easy! Only 4 ingredients and ready in minutes. I’ve also included crockpot instructions down below in case you want to make it even easier.
Everyone invited to the Super Bowl party is going to love this dip!
Ingredients for Velveeta Cheese Dip with Sausage
- Breakfast sausage – you can use mild or hot breakfast sausage, depending on how spicy you want the dip to be.
- Velveeta cheese – this is the best cheese for dips because it melts so well
- Cream cheese – the cream cheese adds an extra creaminess and tiny bit of tang to the dip
- Salsa – use your favorite salsa, as spicy as you want. I do recommend using a thinner salsa to help thin out the dip a little bit.
- Tortilla chips – for serving
- Cook sausage. Cook sausage over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients. Lower heat and add Velveeta, cream cheese, and salsa. Heat, until cheese and cream cheese is completely melted.
- Serve. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
How Long Is It Good For?
This sausage cheese dip is good for up to 3 days when stored in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
When you go to reheat it, it will probably need to be thinned out. You can use some liquid from the salsa container, milk, chicken broth, or even water. I like to reheat dips like this in a small crockpot and just serve straight from there!
Can You Freeze It?
I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
Make It In a Slow Cooker
This dip is really simple to change to a slow cooker dip, which makes it perfect for serving at a party or event.
To do that, cook the sausage according to recipe instructions. Once drained, transfer it to a slow cooker. Add the Velveeta, cream cheese, and salsa and give it a good stir. Put the slow cooker on low and just let everything melt together. Within an hour or so the cheeses should be melted and you should be able to stir to combine.
You can lower the heat to warm and just serve straight from the slow cooker!
(I recommend doing this in a 6 quart slow cooker.)
More Dip Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot or mild breakfast sausage
- 1 (16-ounce) container Velveeta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until cooked through. Drain and return to skillet.
- Lower heat and add Velveeta, cream cheese, and salsa. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese and cream cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g