Classic Buffalo Chicken Dip is a must make for all your parties! It’s creamy, cheesy, and spicy – everyone is going to love it.
Originally published February 3, 2012. Updated January 31, 2022.
This is my forever favorite party snack. I’ve made it twice in the last month for all the playoff games and the second time, I had to double it because it just goes that quickly.
It is the easiest, 5 ingredient recipe and I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like it. It’s full of chicken and cheese and lots of spice! It’s also easily adjustable if your family doesn’t love a lot of spice.
If you want to make it in the instant pot, try my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Cooked chicken
- Cheddar jack cheese – you can use all cheddar or all monterey jack if you prefer
- Melt cream cheese. Put cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted completely.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in ranch dressing, Frank’s Red Hot, and chicken.
- Top with cheese. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake and serve. Bake at 350F until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Pita chips
- Celery sticks
How Long Is It Good For?
Buffalo chicken dip will be fine in the fridge for 3 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
You can reheat it in the microwave when you are ready to serve it.
Can You Freeze It?
You can freeze Buffalo Chicken dip for up to 3 months. Make sure use an airtight freezer-safe container.
When you are ready to serve it, let it defrost overnight in the fridge and then transfer to your baking dish and bake as instructed. It may need a few extra minutes of baking time – just watch for the bubbly cheese.
More Dip Recipes
- Creamy Jalapeño Dip
- Chicken Burrito Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Dip
- Muffuletta Dip
- Crawfish Dip
- French Onion Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (use less or more depending on your preference)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted completely.
- Stir in ranch dressing, Frank's Red Hot, and chicken.
- Transfer to 2-quart baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 15 - 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g