Peanut Butter Krispie Cookies – peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and Rice Krispies! The Rice Krispies give the cookies a nice crunchy texture that everyone will love!
We didn’t really do anything for Spring Break. It’s just been cold and blah and I haven’t wanted to go anywhere. We always go to the Waco Zoo on Spring Break, mostly because they have a Torchy’s up there and I like any excuse to get tacos. So we did that. And that’s it.
Zoo and tacos.
Wild Spring Break.
anything that includes Rice Krispies. They just give the perfect crispy crunch especially in these and my Almond Bark Drop Cookies!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter – make sure it’s at room temperature before you start the recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar – this recipe calls for more brown sugar than granulated sugar which results in a softer cookie. That texture works well with the Rice Krispies and crunchy peanut butter.
- Vanilla – vanilla makes all cookies better!
- Crunchy peanut butter – you want to use crunchy peanut butter so you get that extra bit of texture from the peanuts.
- Rice Krispies – just regular crisp rice cereal.
- Semisweet chocolate chips – you can use dark or milk chocolate chips if you prefer those over semisweet. Semisweet just offers a nice balance to the sweet cookies.
How To Make Peanut Butter Krispie Cookies
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
- Combine wet ingredients. Beat the butter and sugars with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well blended. Add vanilla and peanut butter; beat until combined
- Combine wet and dry. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined
- Add mix ins. Stir in the cereal and chocolate chips
- Roll dough. Shape the dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten the balls gently with a spatula or the tines of a fork
- Bake. Bake the cookies about 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until centers are firm and edges are light browned
- Cool. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely
Peanut butter cookies are good for up to a week at room temperature.
Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
These peanut butter cookies freeze beautifully! I would wrap them individually or 2 at a time in plastic wrap and then place them all in a freezer ziploc bag.
They will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve them, just let them sit at room temperature until they are defrosted. You can also warm them up for a few minutes at a low temperature in the oven if you want a warm cookie.
More Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies
- Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg; beat until well blended. Add in the vanilla and peanut butter. Reduce the speed to low, beating until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in the cereal and chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baknig sheets. Flatten the balls gently with a spatula or the tines of a fork.
- Bake the cookies, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until centers are firm and edgesare lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g