Green Beans Almondine – fresh green beans tossed with buttery toasted almonds and lemon juice. A quick, simple, and delicious side dish.
This is my current favorite side dish. I’ve made it approximately 16 times in the last month.
It’s so simple but so delicious. Just fresh green beans quickly boiled and then tossed with almonds toasted in butter and fresh lemon juice.
It’s easy enough for a simple weeknight dinner but delicious enough to impress guests or serve for Thanksgiving!
How To Make Green Beans Almondine
- Blanch the green beans in a large pot of salted water until just cooked but still crunchy
- Toast sliced almonds in melted butter in a separate skillet
- Add green beans to butter and almonds and toss to combine
- Add fresh lemon juice to the skillet and toss to coat
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
How Long Are Green Beans Good For?
These green beans will be good for up to 5 days after being cooked. Keep in mind, they will likely lose some of their crispness as the days go on.
Make sure to keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can You Make Green Beans Almondine Ahead?
Yes, you can make parts of Green Beans Almondine ahead of time. You can boil the green beans ahead of time but I would reduce the cooking time by 1 minute. You want them underdone since you will be reheating them.
Once cooked, transfer them to a large boil of ice water to stop the cooking process. Strain them and place them in an airtight container or ziploc bag with a paper towel to soak up any extra moisture.
When you’re ready to prepare the full dish, cook the almonds as directed, adding the green beans when the almonds just start to brown so the green beans have time to heat up and finish cooking.
What To Serve With Green Beans Almondine
Green Beans Almondine is the perfect side dish to go with any dinner. I made it most recently with my Honey Salmon because I love salmon and green beans together. It also goes great with my Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs.
I also think it works great for a holiday meal. If you don’t want to do the usual Thanksgiving green bean casserole, Green Beans Almondine is a great option. Plus, it looks and sounds so much fancier than it really is!
More Side Dish Recipes
- Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Broccolini
- Baked Potato Salad
- Fritos Corn Salad
- Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
- Pineapple Baked Beans
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Green Beans Almondine
Green Beans Almondine - fresh green beans tossed with buttery toasted almonds and lemon juice. A quick, simple, and delicious side dish.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of salt.
- Add green beans and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes. You want them to still be bright green and crunchy.
- While green beans are cooking, melt butter in a separate skillet.
- Add almonds to the butter and cook, stirring frequently, until the almonds are golden brown, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once green beans are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer to the skillet. Toss green beans with the almonds.
- Add lemon juice to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Such a delicious side dish!! Everyone at my house loved it!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
Oh yum! These Green Beans Almondine are gorgeous!
Yum! This is one of my family’s favorite dishes to go with steak and potatoes! I will definitely be making this again!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
My family would love these!! The perfect side dish!!
katerina @ diethood.com says
My favorite way to eat green beans! I can’t wait to try these!!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
These Green Beans Almondine would disappear in our house!
What a beautiful, tasty side dish!
This is my new favorite way to eat green beans!