Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – ranch cream cheese, deli chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions are wrapped in a flour tortilla. Slice them up for a delicious kid-friendly lunch!
Originally published September 22, 2017. Updated June 13, 2020.
I am always looking for new things to put in my kids’ lunchboxes. Yes, I am that person that wants to make something different just so I have something fun to take a picture of for my Instagram story.
But I’m also not the mom that’s going to make hearts out of sliced carrots and all the cutesy stuff. My kids wouldn’t allow it. Also, I have zero artistic skills for things like that.
So I like to do things like these Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels. They’re a change from the usual PB&J but they’re still quick and easy and my kids love them. Plus, I can make them the night before and just toss them into their lunchbox containers in the morning before school.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Mix together cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and milk until smooth
- Beat in bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onion
- Spread a heaping spoonful onto a burrito size tortilla
- Lay sliced deli chicken on top
- Roll tightly
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing and serving
Can You Make Chicken Pinwheels Ahead?
Yes! These pinwheels need to be made at least an hour ahead but you can make them the night before if you need to. They are perfect for packing into lunchboxes in the morning if they’re ahead made and ready to go!
How Long Are They Good For?
These Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels will be good for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The flour tortillas hold up really well and they don’t get soggy or anything.
What To Serve With Chicken Pinwheels?
They’re great served with baby carrots and sliced celery – maybe even use the rest of the dry ranch season pack to make a quick dip for the veggies. Chips or fruit salad are also great sides for this.
More Lunchbox Ideas
- Antipasto Skewers
- Pepperoni Crescent Rolls
- Cranberry Turkey Salad
- Zesty Turkey Roll Ups
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 burrito size flour tortillas
- ½ pound deli sliced chicken
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and milk until combined and smooth. Beat in bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion, just until everything is incorporated.
- Spread a heaping tablespoonful of the cream cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Lay 3 or 4 slices of chicken on top and roll tightly. Refrigerate for an hour before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g