Chicken Thighs with Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms – crispy chicken thighs topped with mushrooms in a creamy sauce! Low carb, delicious, and ready in about 30 minutes!
Hiiii guys, happy fresh start to the week!
How was your weekend? I have a lot of stress in my life right now but I started a new book and had a killer arepa filled with shredded beef, plantains, black beans and a mountain of cheese and oh my god, I wish I hadn’t agreed to share with my kids.
I’d also promised a movie to any kid that could behave at school this week thinking no one would behave all week but I found myself watching The Emoji Movie on Friday afternoon.
Look. I know everyone says it’s terrible but no one ever told me it’s a love story! I thought it was super cute.
The Everyday Ketogenic Cookbook!
Have I ever told you guys how excited I get when my friends put out gorgeous cookbooks?
It’s my favorite thing ever to walk down the cookbook aisle of a bookstore and be like, “Omg, I know her! And her! And her!”
Well my friend Carolyn is releasing this beautiful book tomorrow and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy so I could share a recipe with you and convince you that you absolutely need it in your life.
I found Carolyn’s blog back when I first got into paleo, like, forever ago. I was a total fan girl before we were friends. She does amazing low carb, keto recipes and I always know that whatever I choose from her site is going to turn out perfectly.
Naturally, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen is filled with delicious low carb, keto recipes as well as a guide to the keto lifestyle and Carolyn even included an example week of her eats which is my favorite thing in these kind of cookbooks because I like to see that other people also eat things like low carb cheeseburger soup for breakfast sometimes.
It makes me feel normal.
Anyway, the book has over 150 ketogenic recipes and I want to make all of them. At the top of my list are Easy Peanut Butter Cups, Lasagna-Stuffed Peppers, and BBQ Slow Cooker Meatballs.
The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen will be available on October 3 and if you live a keto lifestyle or have been thinking about it or just enjoy low carb recipes, this needs to be on your kitchen counter.
Chicken Thighs with Creamy Rosemary Mushrooms!
This chicken was amazing.
As a rule, chicken thighs are the only part of the chicken I’ll eat.
I don’t know, it’s just what I do.
So yeah, the thighs are just seasoned with salt and pepper and then seared until browned and amazing and then you just put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
While that’s going, you cook some mushrooms and then throw in some rosemary and some cream (you can totally do canned full fat coconut milk if you’re doing paleo) and that’s it.
One of my favorite things about low carb/gluten free/paleo/keto/whatever is how simple everything is. Meat, veggies, a splash of cream and you’re done.
Super quick and super delicious. I made some mashed cauliflower to serve with it and put some of the mushrooms and sauce on top and I highly recommend that you do the same.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
For the creamy mushrooms:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pay the chicken dry and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken, skin side down. Cook undisturbed for 5 to 7 minutes, until the skin is golden and crisp. Flip over and cook for anohter 4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the mushrooms. Melt the butter in the hot skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in the cream and simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pan. Spoon the mushrooms and sauce over the thighs as you serve them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g