Classic Brownies – rich and fudgy classic brownies with pecans! These will fix all of your chocolate cravings!
In typical me form, I’ve allowed Big Brother to take over my life.
I am watching the feeds for hours every day (although I’m currently marathoning the Heroes vs Villains season of Survivor – random, much?), I listen to Big Brother podcasts while I cook, I watch and rewatch the episodes.
In other words, I have a problem.
I didn’t think it was a big deal until the other day. Clementine woke me up in the middle of the night to go outside and as we’re going down the stairs, I say to her, “See Clem! This is why no one wants to be in an alliance with you! You wake everyone up 30 minutes after they fall asleep!”
I mean. What? Where did that even come from?
So if I’m not cooking or blogging much this summer, it’s because I’m too busy yelling at my dogs that I’m not taking them to the final 2 with me and even if I do, no one’s going to vote for them.
It’s probably time to back away from the Big Brother, huh?
How To Make Classic Brownies recipe
These Classic Brownies are DANGEROUS. So rich and fudgy with just the right amount of crunch from the pecans. I knew if I didn’t get rid of them fast, I’d eat the entire pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together; cool slightly
- To the chocolate, add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt; beat until combined
- Add flour; stir until combined
- Fold in pecans
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the top is cracked and the center is set
- Cool completely before serving
If you love brownies, check out my Nutella Brownies recipe, too!
How Long Are Brownies Good For?
These Classic Brownies will be good for up to 4 days. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
Yes, you can freeze brownies! I like to wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then place them all in a ziploc freezer bag before freezing. That way you can pull the brownies out one at a time if you need to.
They will be good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Brownie Cake
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Peppermint Chip Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again and if everything is still not melted, microwave for another 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Transfer to your mixing bowl and add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in flour. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake 30 - 33 minutes or until the top is cracked and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting into 16 squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g