Chicken with Cranberry Mustard Sauce – easy sauteed chicken with a delicious sweet and spicy cranberry mustard sauce! A kid favorite!
I have been avoiding the grocery store.
I normally love grocery shopping but I just haven’t felt like going lately.
So that means we’re eating some interesting combinations these days.
The other night I put a can of diced tomatoes in the blender with some Italian seasoning and called it pizza sauce.
It went on tortillas with kielbasa and Parmesan. (My kids loved it. Weirdos.)
Chicken with Cranberry Mustard Sauce!
I have been wanting to try this chicken recipe for awhile now but was worried the kids would hate it. The dwindling pantry stash, though, finally forced me to give it a try.
I know it sounds weird. Dried cranberries on chicken? With mustard?! But I swear it’s amazing. My pickiest kid went back for seconds and thirds! The spice of the mustard really cuts through the sweetness of the cranberries and vice versa. It all just works together perfectly!
(I had PB&J on a tortilla last night. Guess who’s going to buy groceries real soon.)
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot butter and oil; cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown on each side and cooked through. Remove to a platter; keep warm.
- Add wine to the hot skillet, stir to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow the wine to boil until it's reduced by about half. Add chicken broth and mustard to the skillet and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Add dried cranberries. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- To serve, spoon sauce over the cooked chicken and top with green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 643mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 36g
Things you may need for this recipe:
Want more chicken recipes?