A must make for cheese ball lovers! Everything Cheese Ball has sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, green onions, and it’s rolled in Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Serve it with crackers or sliced veggies at your next party!
I want to start this off by saying that I’ve spent 20 minutes trying to figure out if it’s “cheese ball” or “cheeseball”. I assumed it was like basketball. But then I thought about soccer ball.
There is no real consistency when it comes to balls, apparently.
Today we’re talking about this Everything Cheese Ball. Because it’s football season and cheese balls are my favorite thing to show up with at football parties. Who doesn’t like cheese balls?! Especially when it’s cheese mixed with fun stuff like bacon and then covered in “Everything” bagel seasoning.
This turned out delicious and it may be my new favorite cheese ball. Plus, cheese balls are so simple to make and you can make this one ahead of time and store it in the fridge (without the seasoning on it) until your party starts. Or until dinner. Or until your kids go to sleep and you can finally have a peaceful moment with the cheese.
Whatever, I won’t judge you.
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Green onion
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Everything bagel spice mixture
- Cook bacon. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, 5–8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool.
- Combine ingredients.Beat cheddar, cream cheese, and butter with a mixture until combined. Beat in scallion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and bacon; season with salt.
- Shape and chill. Scrape mixture into a small plastic wrap–lined bowl; gather plastic around cheese, using your hands to shape into a ball. Chill until firm, 3–12 hours.
- Serve. Before serving, roll in Everything bagel spice until coated. Serve with crackers.
What To Serve With It?
I like to serve any sort of buttery crackers like Ritz or Club Crackers with this cheese ball. You could also do baby carrots, sliced celery, cucumbers, or any other veggies you like!
How Long Is It Good For?
This cheese ball will be good in the fridge for about 5 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container – these are my favorite containers for leftovers.
I recommend letting it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or so before serving so that it’s not rock hard.
Can You Freeze It?
It should be fine in the freezer for up to 1 month. When you are ready to serve it, let it defrost overnight in the fridge and then let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes or so before serving.
More Cheese Appetizer
- Chicken Burrito Dip
- Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hatch Chile Cheese Dip
- Crawfish Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 ⅓ cups finely grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- Everything bagel spice mixture
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, 5–8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool.
- Beat cheddar, cream cheese, and butter with a mixture until combined. Beat in scallion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and bacon; season with salt. Scrape mixture into a small plastic wrap–lined bowl; gather plastic around cheese, using your hands to shape into a ball. Chill until firm, 3–12 hours.
- Before serving, roll in Everything bagel spice until coated. Serve with crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g