I want to start this off by saying that I’ve spent 20 minutes trying to figure out if it’s “cheese ball” or “cheeseball”. I assumed it was like basketball. But then I thought about soccer ball.
There is no real consistency when it comes to balls, apparently.
Today we’re talking about this Everything Cheese Ball. Because it’s football season and cheese balls are my favorite thing to show up with at football parties. Who doesn’t like cheese balls?! Especially when it’s cheese mixed with fun stuff like bacon and then covered in “Everything” bagel seasoning.
(You can find Everything seasoning on Amazon for a really good price!)
This turned out delicious and it may be my new favorite cheese ball. Plus, cheese balls are so simple to make and you can make this one ahead of time and store it in the fridge (without the seasoning on it) until your party starts. Or until dinner. Or until your kids go to sleep and you can finally have a peaceful moment with the cheese.
Whatever, I won’t judge you.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups finely grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- Everything bagel spice mixture
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, 5–8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool.
- Beat cheddar, cream cheese, and butter with a mixture until combined. Beat in scallion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and bacon; season with salt. Scrape mixture into a small plastic wrap–lined bowl; gather plastic around cheese, using your hands to shape into a ball. Chill until firm, 3–12 hours.
- Before serving, roll in Everything bagel spice until coated. Serve with crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g