Four Cheese Spaghetti – easy 30 minute dinner recipe! Spaghetti with a delicious garlicky cheese sauce made with 4 cheeses. A perfect meatless meal or add grilled chicken!
Is everybody having trouble getting dinner on the table before 8 pm?
I thought having the kids home for school would make getting dinner ready less hectic.
I was very, very wrong.
I’ve been doing a lot of pastas recently just because they’re so easy and I know the whole house is going to love them. Like this Four Cheese Spaghetti. I mean, can you really go wrong with pasta in a cream sauce made with 4 different cheeses?!
- Spaghetti – if you prefer a shorter noodle, try penne in this recipe!
- Salt and pepper
- Half and Half
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fontina cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions; drain, reserve ½ cup pasta water, and set pasta aside
- Melt butter; whisk in flour, garlic, and salt and pepper until mixture is smooth
- Slowly whisk in half and half
- Bring to a boil; let cook until thickened, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses; stir until smooth
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss to combine
- Slowly add reserved pasta water until it reaches desired consistency
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving
Can You Freeze Four Cheese Spaghetti?
No, I don’t recommend freezing this dish. Cream sauces tend to change textures once frozen and defrosted and it might not taste the same.
Help! I Can’t Find All 4 Cheeses!
If you’re having trouble finding fontina or gruyere, just substitute an equal amount of whichever one you can find. Like, 1 ½ cups of gruyere if that’s the one you found. Or vice versa.
Fontina isn’t the most common cheese but I know Trader Joe’s, HEB, Kroger, and most major grocery stores will have it in the “fancier” cheese section near the deli.
If you can’t find either, Swiss cheese will work just fine!
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- One Pot Lemon Chicken with Orzo
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
- Chicken and Noodles
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve about ½ cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, garlic, salt, and pepper; whisk until it becomes a paste; about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in half and half. Bring to a boil and let cook until thickened, stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir cheeses into sauce; stir until smooth. Add pasta and toss to combine. Add reserved pasta water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 846mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g