Frosted Eggnog Cookies – soft eggnog cookies with eggnog frosting! Perfect for holiday cookie tins!
I hope you’re having a fantastic week! We really don’t have much going on this week which is nice after a months of soccer and football every night.
Oh! I did make my first holiday cookie tin of the year yesterday!
My next door neighbor from when we lived on post did me a huge favor so I repaid her with treats.
I am clearly having a thing with white chocolate this year.
How To Make Frosted Eggnog Cookies!
Okay, so these cookies!
First, you like eggnog right?
I love eggnog. It’s probaby the only real dairy drink I have all year long. Last year I made the mistake of buying a pecan milk version and no.
Nope. Never again.
It just doesn’t work.
But yeah, these cookies have eggnog in the actual cookie dough AND the frosting. And they both have rum extract so they taste like the real eggnog.
These frosted eggnog cookies have that texture. They’re super soft and tender and almost try to fall apart when you take a bite. And that is my favorite kind of cookies.
The frosting is a basic butter and powdered sugar frosting but with eggnog to thin in out. And it does harden enough so you can stack the cookies which is super important for cookie tin season.
More Christmas Cookies Recipes
- Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
- Iced Orange Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp eggnog
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp rum extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg, plus more for topping
- 1 - 2 tbsp eggnog
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, followed by eggnog and rum extract. Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take tablespoons of spoon and shape into balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bottoms are golden brown, 12 - 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar, rum extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Add enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread on top of cooled cookies and sprinkle with extra nutmeg.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g