This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Ghostly Snack Mix – the cutest Halloween snack mix with chocolate covered ghost pretzels, Bugles, peanuts, M&Ms, and candy corn!
The lovely Angie at Big Bear’s Wife organizes this event every year and every year I get so excited to participate. All the other participating bloggers are linked below.
Today I’m sharing this Ghostly Snack Mix made with super cute ghost pretzels, a couple salty things, and some Halloween candy. It’s so cute and so tasty!
- White chocolate
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- Candy eyeballs
- Bugles – you can also use Fritos or other salty corn based chip
- Dry roasted salted peanuts
- Halloween colored M&Ms
- Candy corn
How To Make Pretzel Ghosts
This is my biggest tip for these: start with white chocolate covered pretzels! Don’t dip your own pretzels.
- Melt white chocolate until smooth
- Dip tops of pretzels in the melted white chocolate
- Quickly top with candy eyes
- Let cool completely on parchment or wax paper
How To Make Ghostly Snack Mix
- Combine cooled ghost pretzels, Bugles, peanuts, M&Ms, and candy corn in a large mixing bowl
- Toss gently to combine
How Long Is It Good For?
Homemade snack mix is good for several weeks (I usually say 2 weeks just to be safe) if stored in an airtight container. It should be fine at room temperature but if you notice the chocolate melted, you may need to move it to the fridge.
I like this large glass airtight jar because it holds a couple batches of snack mix (I live with 4 boys, don’t judge me) and it looks super cute and Halloween-y on the counter full of all the ghost pretzels.
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Bar Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Oreo Mummy Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Halloween Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from House of Nash Eats
- Eye Love Chocolate Sugar Cookies from An Affair From the Heart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars form Back To My Southern Roots
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Bloody Broken Glass Red Velvet Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Bats Oreo Cupcakes from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from The Flour Handprint
- The Scream Brownies from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies from JZ Eats
- Halloween Marshmallow Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Mini S’mores Pudding Pies from For the Love of Food
- Jack Skellington Boo-berry Pie from Savory Moments
- Halloween Smoothie Bowl from Fresh Coast Eats
- Halloween Pancakes from I Am A Honeybee
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Pastry Chef Online
- Bloody Hot Cocoa from It’s Shanaka
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Pennywise Ice Cream Float from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Wicked Witch Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
No Bake Desserts:
- Muddy Buddy Halloween Snack Mix from Tastes of Homemade
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats from The Spiffy Cookie
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board from Love and Confections
- Rice Krispie Treat Haunted Houses from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Ghostly Snack Mix from Fake Ginger
- Spooky Pretzel Rods from Take Two Tapas
- Halloween Candy Bark from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Batty For Chocolate Dessert Cheese Ball from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
More Halloween Recipes
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Jack O Lantern Layer Dip
- Candy Corn Pudding Pops
- Spooky Eyes Pretzel Bark
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup white chocolate or white candy coating
- 3 cups white chocolate covered pretzels
- ½ cup candy eyeballs
- 2 cups Bugles
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1 cup Halloween M&Ms
- 1 cup candy corn
- Heat white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip top of white chocolate covered pretzels in the melted chocolate and set on parchment or wax paper. Top with 2 candy eyeballs. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Let cool completely before making mix.
- To make the mix, combine all remaining ingredients and the pretzels ghosts in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g