This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween Confetti Cookies – soft and chewy sugar cookies rolled in Halloween sprinkles. The perfect sweet and spooky treat!
It’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek hosted by the wonderful Angie of Big Bear’s Wife!
One of my favorite treats to make for every holiday is a confetti cookie. They’re basically just soft sugar cookies (my favorite!) rolled in whatever holiday sprinkles.
So these Halloween Confetti Cookies are rolled in a Halloween sprinkle mix that had candy eyeballs throughout and they just turned out so cute!
Ingredients for Halloween Confetti Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated Sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Cream of tartar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Imperial Sugar
Directions for Halloween Confetti Cookies
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and roll the balls into Halloween sprinkles until covered; place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350F for 8 – 10 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown
- Cool completely before serving
What Kind of Sprinkles for Confetti Cookies
You can really use whatever sprinkles you like for these cookies. I look for Halloween sprinkle mixes that are mostly brightly colored jimmies and then some spooky sprinkles like the eyeballs in this one.
I found this specific mix at Walmart in their Halloween section (not the Halloween baking section – the one with all the Halloween decor) but here’s a similar one with eyeballs at Target.
Thanks to our #HalloweenTreatsWeek sponsor, Imperial Sugar!
How Long Are Confetti Cookies Good For?
These sprinkle cookies are good for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container.
I put mine in this giant glass jar and my kids got a kick out of the cookies looking out at them as they sat at the kitchen table. I also use that container for homemade Chex mix and things like that – it always looks so cute. Highly recommend.
Can You Freeze Confetti Cookies?
Confetti cookies can be frozen either as dough or already baked.
Freeze the baked cookies by putting them in a plastic ziploc bag and squeezing out as much air as possible. They’ll be good in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, just let them sit at room temperature until defrosted.
To freeze the dough, go all the way through the instructions, stopping before baking. Freeze the dough balls on a baking sheet for about an hour and then transferring the dough balls to a ziploc bag. The dough will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake the frozen balls, follow the recipe instructions but add a couple minutes to the total bake time. Just keep an eye on them.
More Halloween Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Black Cat Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hocus Pocus Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Extra Dark Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Spooky Strawberries from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Mini Monster Meatball Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mummy Brie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Deviled Eggs from I am a Honey Bee
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #7 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #8 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #9 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #11 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #13 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!