Grapefruit-Ginger Bourbon Sour – fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, Bourbon, and an easy homemade ginger simple syrup. The most delicious tart and sweet cocktail recipe!
We’re having cocktails today.
Happy Thursday to us!
So. You know how recipe videos are all the rage on FB right now? I’ve been avoiding it thinking it was just a trend that would disappear and then I noticed all my friends starting to make videos and then I noticed all of them chattering about how much fun they are.
A few days I woke up and thought “You know what?! I’m gonna make a video today!”
And then I decided I’d make a cocktail so that if it was a total fail, I’d at least be able to ease pain afterwards.
You guys, don’t expect videos from me.
I am so bad at them. I wanted to use my phone to film it but I didn’t have a tripod for my phone so I constructed one out of a seat from my husband’s drums, a selfie stick, and a ponytail holder.
Somehow it worked. But then I had to edit the video and… it was just…
I’m officially retiring from making recipe videos.
This Grapefruit-Ginger Bourbon Sour was the star of the recipe video and I was so happy to have one (or 2) of these when I was done.
I told you guys that I’m obsessed with grapefruit right now. I’m buying bags and bags of grapefruit every week and then running out within 3 days.
I can’t get enough.
This recipe was so delicious. I’m not usually a bourbon person, I just think it is way too sweet but the tart grapefruit with the sweet bourbon was perfect. And then the homemade ginger syrup adds a little bit of spiciness. Everything just works so well together!
This got me really excited for summer cocktails. Anyone else ready for pool days and icy margaritas?
How To Make Ginger Simple Syrup
- Heat sugar, water, and sliced fresh ginger over low heat
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes
- Remove ginger and let cool to room temperature before storing
- Store in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the fridge for up to 3 months
How to Make a Grapefruit Ginger Bourbon Sour
- Combine cooled ginger syrup, grapefruit juice, and lime juice
- Fill 6 glasses with ice
- Add 1/3 cup bourbon and 1/2 cup juice mixture to each glass
- Garnish with sliced grapefruit and lime
How To Get The Tiny Cubed Ice
I always get questions about that ice! I use these tiny ice cube trays to get those cute little cubes of ice.
More Bourbon Cocktail Recipes
- Raspberry Bourbon Smash
- Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Blackberry Peach Bourbon Smash
- Bourbon Apple Sidecar
- Tailgate Sipper
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups bourbon
- Heat sugar, water, and ginger over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Remove ginger and discard.
- Combine ginger syrup, grapefruit juice, and lime juice.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice. Add 1/3 cup bourbon and 1/2 cup juice mixture to each glass. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 0g