Monday feels a lot better when you don’t have to get up early, pack lunches, find shoes, etc, etc, etc.
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. We are all sunburned and exhausted and that is a sign of a good weekend in my book.
Yesterday I went on a crazy hunt for a beach chair. Like one of those that lays down flat – you know what I mean? I’ve been on the lookout for weeks and no one has them. I mean, I get that we aren’t near a beach but I can’t be the only one that likes to lay out in my backyard with a icy drink, right?
Anyway, I finally found one and spent the rest of the day outside, reading in the sun. It was amazing.
I took a break and made this Grilled Corn Guacamole and then ate all of it. The entire batch. No shame.
Y’all know I love guacamole anyway but it’s extra amazing with some grilled sweet summer corn mixed in.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 ears fresh grilled corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mash avocado until it's the consistency you enjoy in guacamole. I like mine chunky. Use a knife to scrape the corn off the cob. Add to the avocado along with the jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, salt, and cilantro and use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g