Homemade Chicken Jerky for Dogs is the easiest dog treat recipe! Thinly sliced chicken baked at a really low temperature until dehydrated. My dogs love this!
I also have a Homemade Beef Jerky for Dogs recipe if your dog is more of a beef fan!
If you had told teenage me that I’d spend a lot of time making homemade dog treats as part of my job as an adult, I would’ve said, “Yep, sounds right.”
I would’ve also said, “I’ll drive a Jeep, have a really cute boyfriend, and live at the beach.”
And, well, pretty close.
Anyway, the other day I was at Petco looking at all the rodents and cats up for adoption and wandered over to the dog treats where they want 20 DOLLARS FOR A TINY BAG OF JERKY.
We’re making our own jerky,
I made a giant batch for 8 bucks. And that was using organic air chilled chicken because I was feeling fancy that day.
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You’re going to slice them very thin. The easiest way to do that is by putting them in the freezer for awhile before attempting to slice them.
How To Make Homemade Chicken Jerky for Dogs
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 275F. Place 2 wire cooling racks on baking sheets.
- Cut. Cut chicken into ¼-inch slices and place on wire racks.
- Bake. Bake 2 hours, until chicken is dehydrated.
- Serve and store! Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Tools You May Need
I recommend using a rimmed baking sheet and a wire cooling rack for these. Put the wire rack on top of the baking sheet that way the air can circulate all around the chicken. And then the baking sheet is there to catch any drippings.
The wire cooling rack will be almost impossible to get completely clean (even if you spray it well with oil) so I recommend using one you don’t love or buying a cheap one just for making jerky.
How Long Is Homemade Chicken Jerky Good For?
This jerky will be good in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Stored in the fridge, it will be good for up to 2 weeks!
More Homemade Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter and Banana Frozen Treats
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 275F. Place 2 wire cooling racks on baking sheets.
- Cut chicken into ¼-inch slices and place on wire racks.
- Bake 2 hours, until chicken is dehydrated.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g