Lemon Drop Shots are the perfect sweet and tart boozy shot for your next party. Fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, vodka, and a lemon sugar rim.
My experience with lemon drop anything up until this point was that season of Real Housewives of Orange County when Lydia ordered a Lemon Drop cocktail everywhere they went.
It always sounded like a too sweet cocktail that I wouldn’t like so I’ve never tried a lemon drop.
But a lemon drop in shot form? It’s perfectly tart and sweet and the perfect shot for spring and summer
Why You’re Going to Love These Lemon Drop Shots
- These shots are perfect for entertaining! You can mix up a batch of 8 of these shots in minutes. All simple ingredients, too!
- It tastes like lemon pie! You know that slightly mouth puckering but still sweet flavor a lemon pie has? These have that and it’s so delicious!
- Ice – you are going to shake the shots with ice so they are icy cold when you serve them.
- Vodka – use your favorite kind. It’s doesn’t have to be super expensive but I wouldn’t use something really cheap since it is a shot.
- Simple syrup – you can buy the bottled stuff or make your own by heating 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar over low heat until all the sugar melts. That can be stored in the fridge for up to a month.
- Lemon juice – Fresh squeezed lemon juice is best but if you happen to have a bottle of lemon juice already, go for it.
- Lemon zest – This is going to be used to rim the glasses. It makes it so pretty and extra tasty.
- Granulated sugar – Also going to be used for the rim. Some extra sweetness!
How To Make Lemon Drop Shots
- Shake shots. Shake ice, vodka, simple syrup, and all but 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- Make sugar rim. On a plate, use a fork to mix sugar and lemon zest together.
- Prepare shots. Rim each shot glass with a bit of lemon juice then dip the glasses in the lemon zest sugar mixture.
- Strain and enjoy! Strain the drink into shot glasses and serve immediately.
Can You Make Lemon Drop Shots Ahead?
You can prep certain things ahead of time if you want to serve them at a party. You can combine the vodka and simple syrup and set it aside for several hours. When it’s time to prepare the shots, add the ice and lemon juice and shake it all together.
You can also zest your lemon and squeeze your lemon juice ahead of time to save some time.
Tips and Tricks
- Lemon Shot Drops are traditionally made with vodka but you can change things up and try silver tequila or white rum!
- Garnish the shots with lemon slices or fresh herbs if desired.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Blood Orange Margaritas
- Rum Punch Jello Shots
- Pineapple Blackberry Mojitos
- Blue Margaritas
- Birthday Cake Shots
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Lemon Drop Shots
- 1 cup ice
- 6 ounces vodka
- 5 ounces simple syrup
- 5 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, vodka, simple syrup, and all but 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Close and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- On a plate, use a fork to mix sugar and lemon zest together. Kind of mash them together so the zest releases all it's flavors and scents.
- Rim each shot glass with a bit of lemon juice then dip the glasses in the lemon zest sugar mixture.
- Strain the drink into shot glasses and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply