Blood Orange Margaritas are the perfect winter margarita! Fresh blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
First margarita of the year is in the books!
Guys, I am officially ready for summer. For margaritas and pool days and ice cream cones.
I even have a bikini in my Target.com shopping cart right now.
Which is ridiculous because it’s February 12. And also because I bought two bikinis last year and probably only wore each of them 5 times.
(Truthfully, I bought 2 ½ because the first bottom I bought was called a “cheekster” and it didn’t occur to me that actual cheek would be showing. And no ma’am, that is not happening. Still have it though. In case I ever magically become 20 again.)
I have no need for a new bikini. But I waaaaaaant one so badly.
How To Make Blood Orange Margaritas
I always forget about blood oranges until someone mentions them and then finding blood oranges becomes my official life goal.
I finally found some at Trader Joe’s last weekend and then they just sat, untouched, in the fridge.
Okay, I guess I’ll make margaritas. You twisted my arm!
- Mix tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and orange juice together
- Add simple syrup to desired sweetness
- Pour over ice and garnish with blood orange slices
Can You Make Them Ahead?
If you are planning a party and need to make these ahead, you can mix up the juices, tequila, orange liqueur, and simple syrup up to a couple hours ahead but don’t put them over ice.
When you are ready to serve them, give the mixture a good shake in a shaker and pour it over ice.
More Margarita Recipes
- Watermelon Mint Margaritas
- Honeydew Margaritas
- Blackberry Margaritas
- Tequila Sunrise Margaritas
- Guava Margaritas
- Peach Margaritas
- Smoky Margaritas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice, ~3-4 oranges
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
- Mix tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and orange juice together. Add simple syrup to desired sweetness. Pour over ice and garnish with blood orange slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g