Classic rum punch turned into jello shots! Rum Punch Jello Shots have pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, grenadine, and dark rum. So cute for a summer party!
If you love jello shots, try Apple Cider Jello Shots!
It’s almost May! Which means it’s almost summer! So it’s almost time for pool days and beach trips and summery cocktails!
If you love a classic rum punch cocktail, you are going to love these jello shots! They just taste like summer and isn’t every thing more fun as a jello shot?!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- These jello shots are so summery! I love a tropical drink during summer and turning it into jello shots makes it even more fun.
- They are surprisingly easy to make! It’s as easy as dissolving gelatin with hot water and then stirring everything together. The hardest part is going to be waiting for them to set.
Ingredients for Rum Punch Jello Shots
Scroll down for ingredient amounts.
- Unflavored gelatin – you can find this at any grocery store with the Jello products. Make sure it says unflavored. You can order it online if you have trouble finding it.
- Hot water – this is going to be used to dissolve the gelatin and make the jello shots super clear and smooth.
- Pineapple juice – just the can stuffed, no need to juice your own pineapple!
- Dark rum – make sure it’s the dark rum and not the clear kind.
- Orange juice – I recommend fresh orange juice (you should only need 1 orange) but if you want to use bottled orange juice, make sure it’s 100% juice
- Lime juice – use freshly squeezed limes
- Grenadine – this is a non-alcoholic syrup that you can find at most grocery stores near the wine and beer. You can also find it in all liquor stores.
- Whipped cream – optional, it just makes them pretty.
- Pineapple chunks – also optional, but looks so cute!
How To Make Jello Shots with Rum
- Combine juices. Add the pineapple juice and orange juice to a medium mixing bowl.
- Dissolve gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let it dissolve into the juices. Once the gelatin has dissolved and lost its powdery look, add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Combine all ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and stir again.
- Fill shot cups. Carefully fill each shot cup until it’s about ¾ of the way full.
- Chill. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Decorate and enjoy! If desired, top with some whipped cream and a pineapple chunk right before serving. Enjoy!
How Long Are They Good For?
These rum jello shots will be good for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Make sure they have lids on them to keep as much air out as possible.
Don’t try to store them with the whipped cream on top. It won’t last more than a couple hours in the fridge before it deflates.
Can You Freeze Jello Shots?
I don’t recommend freezing jello shots.
More Rum Drinks
- Watermelon Mojitos
- Pineapple Blackberry Mojitos
- Skinny Coconut Mojito
- Banana Daiquiri
- Painkiller Cocktail
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 (.25 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup hot water
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces orange juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- whipped cream, optional
- pineapple chunks, optional
- Add the pineapple juice and orange juice to a medium mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let it dissolve into the juices.
- Once the gelatin has dissolved and lost its powdery look, add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir again.
- Carefully fill each shot cup until it’s about ¾ of the way full.
- Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- If desired, top with some whipped cream and a pineapple chunk right before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g