Do you give baked goodies as gifts around the holidays?
I think I did one year and I really enjoyed it but in recent years I just haven’t felt as confident in my baking abilities and have been too scared to give anything away.
I always feel like people are telling me they like something just so they don’t hurt my feelings!
I wanted to make some peanut brittle just because I hate making candy and needed to see if I could actually make it.
Amazingly, it was super simple and took less than an hour to make! You just boil corn syrup, water, and butter until it hits the soft crack stage on your candy thermometer, stir in the peanuts, and keep boiled until it hits hard crack. So easy!
Peanut brittle is one of my favorite holiday treats so it’s pretty exciting that I know I can make it now.
More Holiday Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter, no substitutes
- 2 ½ cups peanuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- Butter 2 large baking sheets; set aside.
- Butter sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan. In pan combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer registers 275F, soft-crack stage (about 30 minutes). Stir in nuts; continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 295F, hard crack stage (15 to 20 minutes more).
- Remove pan from heat; remove thermometer.
- Quickly sprinkle baking soda over mixture, stirring constantly. Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheets. Use 2 forks to lift and pull candy as it cools. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store tightly covered up to 1 month.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g