If you forced me to make a list of my top 5 favorites foods, sweet potatoes and peanut butter would be numbers 1 and 2. I cannot believe I’d never though to combine them – they are seriously a match made in heaven.
It’s hard to explain what happens to the peanut butter in the oven. It doesn’t become hard like, say, breadcrumbs would but it doesn’t keep the normal peanut butter texture. Thereâ€™s really not anything to compare it too. You definitely need crunchy peanut butter for this because the crunchy pieces are what make the fries. The crunch against the soft, pillowy sweet potatoes is… amazing.
Do I even have to tell you that I had an entire sweet potato for lunch yesterday? And that I was secretly happy when my 3 year old took one look at them chose to have sandwich instead? His loss. I can’t wait to make them again!
Peanut Butter Crusted Sweet Potato Fries
from Oh She Glows
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into thin fry-like strips)
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the peanut butter, olive oil, and salt. Take sweet potatoes and toss in bowl with your hands until fully coated. Line up on baking pan and cook at 400F for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 – 20 minutes or until crisp.