Get into the Easter spirit with Peeps Banana Pudding Cups! These cups are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday and satisfy your sweet tooth. Layers of creamy banana cream pudding and crunchy vanilla wafers, topped with adorable Peeps chicks for a fun twist.
If you want more Peeps ideas, check out Peeps Dirt Cups and Peeps Nests!
If I had to choose one dessert for the rest of my life, it would be Banana Pudding. These Peeps Banana Pudding Cups are my Easter twist on the classic dessert.
They have layers of crushed vanilla wafers with banana pudding and it’s all topped with Cool Whip, more vanilla wafers, and a cute little Peeps chick.
They are delicious, so cute, and everyone at your Easter gathering is going to love them!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- They only take 20 minutes from start to finish! There’s no cooking, no baking, they are so easy!
- They are perfect for an Easter party! You can set out all the supplies and have the kids (or adults!) assemble their own pudding cup.
- Instant banana cream pudding mix – make sure it’s the instant kind. If you can’t find instant, follow the instructions on the box and let it set completely before assembling your cups.
- Milk – you want to use very cold milk to make sure the pudding sets.
- Vanilla wafer cookies – you are going to crush these to create the cookie layers of the cups.
- Green food dye – this is optional. I like to dye some of the cookie crumbs for a grassy look at the very top but it is optional.
- Cool whip – you can use whipped cream but it won’t have the same stabilizers that Cool Whip has and will deflate quickly. I wouldn’t add whipped cream until right before you are ready to serve.
- Peeps marshmallow chicks – I used chicks but you can also use the bunnies if you prefer.
- Chocolate eggs – any chocolate eggs you like!
How To Make Peeps Banana Pudding Cups
- Make pudding. Whisk the pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- Crush cookies. Place the vanilla wafer cookies in a large plastic bag. Using a rolling pin or other heavy object, crush the cookies until they become crumbs.
- Dye cookies. Place ⅓ of the crumbs into a bowl with 3-5 drops of green food dye and mix them together.
- Assemble the cups. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the not dyed cookie crumbs to the bottom of the cup and then add ¼ cup of pudding. Repeat the cookie crumb layer.
- Add Cool Whip. Dollop 2-3 tablespoons of Cool Whip into the cup.
- Add toppings. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of green cookie crumbs on top. Place 1 Peeps chick and 3 chocolate eggs on the top of the pudding cup.
- Chill. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
How Long Are Pudding Cups Good For?
These banana pudding cups are best the day they are made because the cookie crumbs will very quickly lose their crunch. They will be safe to eat for up to 4 days. Make sure to cover them and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More Easter Recipes
- Carrot Cake Roll
- Easter Trifle
- Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- Easter Popcorn
- Easter Sugar Cookie Cups
- Easter Chicks Cupcakes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Peeps Banana Pudding Cups
- 1 (5.1 oz) box instant banana cream pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 50 vanilla wafer cookies
- Green food dye
- 6 small clear plastic cups
- Cool whip
- 6 Peeps marshmallow chicks
- 18 chocolate eggs
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the vanilla wafer cookies in a large plastic bag. Using a rolling pin or other heavy object, crush the cookies until they become crumbs.
- Place ⅓ of the crumbs into a bowl with 3-5 drops of green food dye and mix them together.
- To assemble the pudding cup, add 1-2 tablespoons of the not dyed cookie crumbs to the bottom of the cup and then add ¼ cup of pudding. Repeat the cookie crumb layer.
- Dollop 2-3 tablespoons of Cool Whip into the cup. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of green cookie crumbs on top.
- Place 1 Peeps chick and 3 chocolate eggs on the top of
the pudding cup.
- Serve cold and enjoy immediately, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply