This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz
The holidays are going to be so different this year. I think all of us are feeling more grateful and we all want to spend as much time as possible with the people we love.
I know I’m definitely planning a table for us full of classic holiday dishes that just feel like comfort to me. All the carbs, all the cheese, just good ol’ fashioned comfort foods.
This Pimento Mac and Cheese will be on my holiday table this year. It’s two of my favorite comfort foods combined: pimento cheese and macaroni and cheese!
Whether you’re hosting a Friendsgiving or just a small holiday dinner for your immediate family, Kraft Heinz® has you covered. Kraft Heinz® products are familiar products that you’ve probably been using for years and years.
For this Pimento Mac and Cheese, I used Philadelphia® Original Cream Cheese and Kraft® Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese. The Philadelphia® Original Cream Cheese is made with no artificial dyes or preservatives and creates the best creamy texture for the sauce. And the Kraft® Shredded Cheese is what makes mac and cheese so delicious!
I bought all the ingredients for this at my local Walmart. It’s my go-to grocery store all year long, but I especially love it during the holiday season when I’m short on time. I know Walmart has everything we need at great prices.
Make sure to enter the #ShareTheHolidaySweepstakes clicking here for a chance to win daily prizes of $100 Walmart gift cards and a grand prize trip to visit loved ones (a $2,500 value). Plus, as a special gift from Walmart, you’ll be emailed a link to download a free digital cookbook of holiday favorites (including this recipe!).
- Dry macaroni pasta
- All-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne powder
- Philadelphia® Original Cream Cheese
- Kraft® Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Diced pimentos – look in the Mexican section of your grocery store if you have trouble finding them
- Round, buttery crackers – roughly crushed
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions
- In a large skillet, melt butter; whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes
- Slowly whisk in milk; continue whisking until thickened
- Whisk in garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
- Add Philadelphia® Original Cream Cheese and stir until melted
- Add Kraft® Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese, pimentos, and pepper; stir to combine
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Top with crushed crackers and more cheese
- Bake at 350F for 25 – 30 minutes
- 1 pound macaroni
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- ½ cup buttery crackers, crushed
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Cook macaroni as directed on package instructions- omitting salt. Strain; set aside.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in the milk; continue whisking for about 3 minutes, until thickened.
Whisk in garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne powder.
Add cream cheese and stir until blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g