Pumpkin Beer Bread – the BEST pumpkin bread recipe! The beer helps it rise so it’s super soft and fluffy. Plus it has the perfect amount of pumpkin and spice!
Originally published October 22, 2015. Updated September 18, 2020.
First up: This is the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever had.
It is soft and fluffy and has the perfect amount of pumpkin and spice.
Don’t be worried if you aren’t a beer fan – you won’t taste it! The yeast in the beer just helps the bread rise and is what makes it so fluffy.
- Unsalted butter
- Beer – use whatever you like! We had a single Stella Artois in the fridge so I used that.
- Pumpkin puree
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add beer and beat until combined
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined
- Beat in pumpkin puree
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined
- Scrape batter into a loaf pan sprayed with oil
- Bake at 350F for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, you can definitely freeze this Pumpkin Beer Bread!
I would wrap it in a couple layers of aluminum foil and then place it in a freezer ziploc bag with as much air squeezed out as possible. It should be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To defrost, just let it sit at room temperature overnight. You can toast slices in a toaster if you want.
More Quick Bread Recipes
- Eggnog Bread
- Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Glazed Lemon Bread
- PB&J Banana Bread
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Blueberry Buttermilk Zucchini Bread
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup beer, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 1 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beer and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add pumpkin, and beat on low until combined.
- Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl to remove all lumps. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, and beat on low just until combined. Scrape batter into the prepared pan
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil after 45 to 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning if necessary.
- Cool bread in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g