Pumpkin Roll Bars – everything you love about a pumpkin roll without all the work! Pumpkin cake with cream cheese swirl!
IT’S MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR!
It is officially acceptable to start posting pumpkin recipes! I started making pumpkin stuff weeks ago but I haven’t even been taking photos because I’m so weird about waiting until October 1.
But you better believe I am celebrating with a pumpkin spice latte and one of these babies for breakfast.
Pumpkin Roll Bars!
One of my favorite fall treats is the pumpkin roll but those are kind of annoying to make.
You’ve got to roll it in a towel covered in powdered sugar and then wait forever for it to cool and HOPE it doesn’t crack or break apart or anything like that. These bars are for those of us that hate all the pumpkin roll drama but still want the pumpkin cake with some cream cheese.
They are perfection and they taste like breakfast, if that makes sense. Like they aren’t so sweet that they’ll make you feel ill all day if you have one for perfect. It’s basically pumpkin bread and pumpkin bread is a perfectly acceptable breakfast food, right?
Now go make something with pumpkin!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce. can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and water until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin/butter mixture and combine until well blended.
- Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter. Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese batter and spread out as evenly as possible. Use a table knife to swirl together the cream cheese and top layer of pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched. Cool completely in pan, then cut into bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g