Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints will be Santa’s new favorite cookie! Red velvet peppermint dough filled and drizzled with white chocolate!
Happy almost weekend guys! How cute and festive are these Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints?!
I am obsessed.
Okay, so do you do the Elf thing? You know, the one on the shelf?
The one that causes all sorts of trouble after the kids go sleep?
I am already over it. This is, like, year 4 for me and I am out of ideas. I reused one of last year’s ideas for day 1, threw him on the husband’s drums and muttered something about him being loud when the kids found him on day 2, and then reused another idea today.
So then I check Pinterest and these people have crafted some sort of basket for their elf and he’s hanging from balloons in the middle of their living room and I’m like, DO YOU HAVE A HELIUM TANK IN YOUR HOUSE?! Did you really leave your house after your kids were asleep just to have balloons filled? Do you not value your precious TV time after the kids are in bed?!
Help me. Give me ideas.
Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints!
I have lots of Christmas cookie ideas though!
I’m weirdly obsessed with red velvet this year. I’ve never been a huge red velvet fan but I want EVERYTHING red velvet right now. I even bought one of those fancy red velvet marshmallows at Target the other day.
And hated it. Because I hate marshmallows.
So these cookies have a really delicious peppermint base and then you give them a decent sized indention and then filled that with white chocolate after they’re are baked and cooled. So good.
Peppermint and white chocolate is my absolute favorite winter combo and if you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely need to. Plus, I’m pretty sure Santa would love these!
More Cookie Recipes
- Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
- M&Ms Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Italian Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, red food coloring and peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets and use a round teaspoon to make a deep indention in each ball.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, heat white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Spoon a teaspoon of filling into each cookie. Drizzle tops with remaining mixture. Let stand until set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 30mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g