This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaySweetTreats #CollectiveBias
Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints – shortbread cookies filled with Nutella and drizzled with caramel! Perfect for Christmas cookie tins!
Happy Monday, guys!
It’s officially Christmas cookie season in my world. I hope you’re as excited as I am!
These Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints have my two favorite cookie characteristics.
The cookie itself is shortbread which you know is my alltime fave kind of cookie.
And it’s got a salted caramel drizzle.
Which means that they are officially my new favorite cookie.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints!
I am so horrible at making caramel. Last time I attempted it, I tried 3 times and eventually had to throw away the pan.
It was really bad.
So I always buy the Smuckers Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping. It is unbelievably delicious and a million times easier than making your own caramel.
I picked a jar up on one of my many Target trips recently.
Guuuuuys, the Christmas stuff at Target. I can’t stop!
Anyway, for the filling of the thumbprint cookies, go for your favorite chocolate spread.
There are so many available now! I went for plain chocolate but you can go for chocolate hazelnut, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate cookie butter – just pick your fave!
These are so delicious and super quick and easy thanks to the Smuckers Salted Caramel Topping
My five year old helped me bake these cookies and while we were working on them, we got to brainstorming our holiday cookie plans. The kid’s got so many ideas that I probably need to start baking now to get it all done!
If you plan on using some caramel in your holiday baking or need any of the other Smuckers toppings, Target will have Smuckers 20% off on the Cartwheel app from 11/29 – 12/12. And for lots of recipe inspiration, check out the Smuckers Pinterest page!
Let me know in the comments what you favorite holiday cookie recipe is!
More Cookie Recipes
- Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints
- White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- M&Ms Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate spread
- ¼ cup Smuckers Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and powder sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in salt and vanilla. Slowly beat in flour until just combined.
- Roll tablespoons of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all dough, leaving about 2 inches between cookie dough balls. Dampen a round teaspoon measuring spoon and press into each ball of dough to form the indention. Fill each indention with chocolate spread. Dampen your finger and press down any of the chocolate spread that may be sticking up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the bottoms just start to brown. rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, warm the Smuckers Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Drizzle over the cooled cookies. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g