Southwestern Deviled Eggs – classic deviled eggs with a southwestern twist! Pickled jalapenos and cumin give them the perfect spice.
More eggs, y’all!
I made a bunch of deviled egg recipes one day before my husband left (best day of his life) and this was his favorite. He loves everything spicy so of course I knew he would love it.
I did not, however, expect him to kill the whole batch within 30 minutes.
It’s a pretty basic deviled egg recipe but you add a bunch of minced pickled jalapenos and then top it with another jalapeno slice. If you’re looking for a way to spice up your eggs, this is perfect!
Ingredients in Southwestern Deviled Eggs
- Hard boiled eggs
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks to a mixing bowl
- To the yolks, add mayonnaise, minced jalapeno peppers, mustard, cumin and salt; mash everything together until well combined
- Spoon mixture into the egg whites
- Garnish with more jalapeno slices if desired
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Tips for Hard Boiled Eggs
I always hated peeling eggs until I started making them in my pressure cooker. They peel with almost no effort if you cook them in the pressure cooker!
I do 5 minutes at high pressure, 5 minutes natural release, and then immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water. Peel them as soon as they’re cool enough to handle.
How Long Are Deviled Eggs Good For?
Deviled eggs are best the day they are made but they’ll stay good for up to 2 days if stored in the refrigerator. I would store them in something like this deviled egg tray to keep as much as out as possible.
If you need to prep the eggs ahead of time, I would keep the filling in an airtight container separate from the whites until you are getting ready to serve them.
More Deviled Egg Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pickled jalapeno slices, for garnish
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Place yolks, mayonnaise, minced jalapeno peppers, mustard, cumin, and salt in a bowl; mash everything together. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with sliced jalapenos. Refrigerate until serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g