Sweet Lil Smokies – lil smokies wrapped in crescent rolls and baked in a honey pecan sauce. These are always the first thing gone from my parties!
You guys. I have had a week.
And I know that technically the week isn’t over but I’m done with blog posts after I hit publish on this and I’m done with sports practices. My only obligation is getting kids to and from school. After that, I’m free to get in my PJs and afternoon-drink.
Not that I’d ever do that.
I know I said I’d never mention Stove Saga 2014 again but… I’m mentioning it again. Because guess what? Now my stupid oven is stupid.
When I preheated the oven to make these Sweet Lil Smokies yesterday, it never preheated. Like, it didn’t light or whatever it is that ovens do. So I kept turning it off and on until it finally did.
And two hours later it finally passed 300F.
Yeah, I really waited almost 3 hours for my oven to get to 375 degrees so that I could make these.
What Are Lil Smokies?
Lil Smokies are a brand name for really small smoked sausages, usually used in pigs in a blanket type recipes. They are fully cooked and can be eaten right out of the package but I definitely recommend cooking them in some way.
You can find them in pretty much any grocery store in the same refrigerated section as the larger smoked sausages and hot dogs.
How To Make Sweet Lil Smokies
These are such an easy appetizer but they are always the first thing gone from all my parties.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, and honey together. Stir in pecans
- Pour the butter mixture into the bottom of a baking dish
- Roll Lil Smokies into crescent rolls and place in the baking dish
- Bake until the crescents are golden brown
Can You Make Sweet Lil Smokies Ahead?
No, I don’t recommend making these ahead. They are best right out of the oven when they are warm and the crescent rolls are flaky and delicious.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Maple Pecan Baked Brie
- Muffuletta Dip
- Pepperoni Crescent Rolls
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Fancy Pigs in a Blanket
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 14 ounce package Lil Smokies
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and honey and stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Unwrap your crescents and separate into 8ths. Take each piece and cut into 3 triangles; roll a Lil Smokies in each piece and place on top of pecan mixture in baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. (I always have 3 or 4 crescent rolls left so if you want, you can start dividing the crescents into 2 instead of 3 - or you can just bake the crescents as they're supposed to be baked!)
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 279mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g