Spicy Ranch Saltines are such an addictive snack! Saltines crackers coated in buttery spicy ranch sauce and baked until crispy.
If you love little crackers like this, try my Dill Pickle Saltines!
And if you are in the mood for even more ranch, these Parmesan Ranch Oyster Crackers should probably also be added to your plans this week!
You guys, these are my new favorite thing!
I don’t even like ranch that much but I’m obsessed with these crackers. Like grabbing handfuls every time I walk through the kitchen.
Some people know them as Fire Crackers but we just call them Spicy Ranch Saltines in my house.
They are the tiny Saltine crackers coated in a buttery spicy ranch mixture and then they get baked until the crackers are extra crispy. I’m telling you, you won’t be able to stop! They’d also be great for a party or a fun addition to a cheese board.
- Mini Saltines – if you can’t find the mini ones, you can use 3 sleeves of the regular size Saltines
- Unsalted butter – make sure it’s unsalted or the crackers will turn out too salty
- Ranch dressing mix
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place mini Saltines in a large mixing bowl
- Melt butter and stir in ranch dressing mix, crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Pour butter mixture over Saltines and gently toss to coat
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring after every 5 minutes
- Cool completely before serving and storing
How Long Are Spicy Saltines Good For?
These will stay crispy for up to 5 days if you store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
I like to store them in this glass jar because it’s airtight and looks super cute on the counter filled with snacks. A plastic storage container or a ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out also works!
Can You Freeze Them?
I don’t recommend freezing them. I think you would lose most of the crunch if you tried freezing them.
- You can, of course, use regular size Saltines – I haven’t tested it but I’m guessing you would use about 3 sleeves of the regular size crackers
- If you like extra spicy Saltines, use the spicy ranch dressing mix instead of the regular
- You can substitute oyster crackers, Goldfish crackers, Cheez-Its, whatever crackers you like
How To Serve Fire Crackers?
My kiddos and I like to have these by themselves just by the handful. But you could serve them with thinly sliced cheddar cheese if you’re looking for something a little heartier.
You could also put them on a charcuterie board for a party!
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- Chex Party Mix
- Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- BBQ Ranch Popcorn
- Cheesy Taco Chex Mix
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (11 ounce) box mini Saltines
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Saltines in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Add Ranch dressing, crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder to the melted butter; stir to combined.
- Pour butter mixture over Saltines and toss gently to make sure all the crackers are coated.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving and storing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 2306mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g